P-12 Deputy LRD- Toorak
P-12 Deputy LRD
Loreto Mandeville Hall in Toorak
Deputy of Learning Resources Centre P-12
Full time ongoing position commencing January 2014
Loreto Mandeville Hall Toorak is an Independent Catholic school in Melbourne with approximately 1000 girls from Preparatory to Year 12 with a co-educational Early Learning Centre at St Peter’s Parish, Toorak. Loreto Mandeville Hall Toorak strives for excellence in all that it does. An extensive and challenging academic program is complemented with an outstanding co-curricular program.
We seek a well-credentialed and experienced person to be a part of an enthusiastic team in continuing to provide an excellent program and to achieve outstanding results. Loreto Mandeville Hall provides facilities to support the learning program and to enable the highest quality of performance by our students and staff. The Deputy of the Learning Resources Centre reports to the Director of Learning Resources and is based in the Learning Resource Centre. While a teaching background is desirable, a librarian with the appropriate skills and experience will be considered.
- Responsibility for day-to-day running of the LRC, including deployment of staff and the preparation of staff rosters
- Collection, development and management and overseeing of stocktaking procedures
- Involvement in the administration of the Library Management System (currently Spydus)
- Involvement in the design and development of the MyLoreto Portal
- Involvement in the development of the digital resource collection
- Exploration and implementation of Web 2.0 tools for student learning
- Strong administrative skills
- Representing the Director and the School at User Group or Library network meetings
Conditions and remuneration are commensurate with experience and are outlined in the Victorian Catholic Schools Multi Employer Agreement 2013. For further details please see below.
Applicants require current registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (or Working With Children Check if a Librarian).
Position to commence Tuesday 28 January 2014.
To apply for this position please forward your resume including the names and contact numbers of three (3) referees together with a covering letter addressed to the Principal, Dr Susan Stevens, via email to: email@example.com