Performing Arts teacher (0.4FTE)
Performing Arts teacher (0.4FTE)
Helena College in Darlington
Performing Arts is taught across both Junior and Senior campuses of Helena College.
- The specific role of the Junior School Performing Arts teacher is to:
- Plan, deliver and provide quality Performing Arts teaching and learning programmes for Kindergarten to Year 6 students.
- Provide learning experiences in classroom music including singing/choir, recorder, music theory, composition and performance in an engaging manner that is developmentally appropriate.
- Create and sustain a learning environment that celebrates, encourages and fosters creativity, imagination, movement and a lifelong appreciation and interest in the arts.
- Plan, prepare for and participate in College endeavours and activities includingassemblies, festivals and concerts.
- Document, assess, celebrate and report on student progress and achievement.
The successful applicant will:
- Possess appropriate qualifications/accreditation requirements in teaching Performing Arts to Junior School aged students
- Have the ability to work as part of a dedicated team (including classroom teachers, specialist staff, educational assistants and non-teaching colleagues)
- Be able to demonstrate initiative and make a positive contribution to school activitiesand the culture of Helena College
- Be able to deliver an integrated, outcomes-focused, inspiring performing artsprogramme
- Have a knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework and Australian Curriculum
- Provide a friendly, safe and stimulating environment for children at all times
- Provide an exceptional standard of care and education
- Have a strong desire to ‘Bring out the best’ in all children
- Be willing and able to live out the College’s Vision, Mission and Values with good humour, fairness, resourcefulness and wisdom
- Establish a thorough working knowledge of relevant College policies and procedures
- Promote and support partnerships with the families of the children in the Junior School
- Be able to liaise effectively with parents about children’s progress
- Be competent in the use and application of Informational Technology skills
- Be able to undertake regular school responsibilities (eg playground duties) and othersuch duties as may be required by the Head of Junior School and/or Assistant Headof Junior School
- Maintain professional confidentiality at all times
- Be creative, enthusiastic and demonstrate a love of the teaching profession
- is an equal opportunity employer
- complies with the requirements of the Privacy Act
- has a strong commitment to OS&H
- will not tolerate harassment of any kind
- has a no smoking policy
- expects a professional standard of dress suitable to the role
All staff are expected to actively support these standards, as well as the College Code of Conduct.
It is a condition of employment that all staff provide certified copies of all qualifications, a Criminal Record Check and a Working With Children Check. These may be provided upon appointment.
Instructions to applicants:
Applicants for the position should include the following information as part of the application:
- a covering letter indicating interest in the position
- curriculum vitae
- contact details for three referees
- copies of current Criminal Record Check and current Working With Children Check
- any other additional relevant information
Applications may be made online via the College website.
Applications may be made in writing, including the names and contact details for three referees and addressed to:
Head of Junior School
PO Box 66
DARLINGTON WA 6070
applications may be made via email to email@example.com subject line Performing Arts teacher application.
Closing date: Wednesday, 4 September 2013 by 4.00pm
All applicants will be notified via letter and/or email to acknowledge their application has been received. Any further inquiries should be directed to the Head of Junior School via College reception on 9299 6626.
Please refer to our website for full role description:
Please mention “TES AUSTRALIA” when applying for this role.
Junior School Campus
1 Ryecroft Road
Darlington WA 6070
Tel: +61 8 9299 6626