Personal Carer (Mudgeeraba)
Personal Carer (Mudgeeraba)
Carinity Baptist Community Services, Queensland
Are you looking for an opportunity to work in the rewarding industry of Home Care? Would you like to work in a supportive team committed to excellence and making a difference?
About the Role
Carinity In-Home has a vacancy for a Personal Carer to join the team at Carinity In-Home - Mudgeeraba. This is a casual position, of which the successful applicant must be willing to work a variety of shifts that may be asked of them including weekends and on call.
The Personal Carer supports the operation of Home Care services through the provision of individualised quality care for clients in their own homes or a community environment, practically delivering Home Care Packages.
In addition to its many services to help those in need, Carinity delivers personalised, caring support within a person’s own home including domestic duties, meal preparation, medication support, personal care and shopping.
Since 1949, Carinity (formerly Queensland Baptist Care) has been making a real difference in people’s lives through comprehensive and integrated community services. These services include Aged Care, Education, Lifestyle - Retirement Villages, Communities - Disability Support Services, Counselling and Youth Programs.
Benefits of joining the team at Carinity include:
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- On-going professional development and training
- Not-for-profit organisation with a culture of caring for others
To be successful in this role, the following criteria should be met:
- Ability to work within the Christian ethos and framework of Carinity
- Certificate III in Aged / Community / Disability Care advantageous
- Previous experience as an Assistant Nurse or Personal Carer highly advantageous
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to work autonomously, prioritising and completing tasks with minimal supervision
- Understanding and knowledge of infection control, workplace health and safety and other procedures and legislative guidelines relevant to the provision of home care services would be desirable
- Current National Police Certificate, or willingness to obtain same before commencement
How to apply;
Visit Working with Us at www.carinity.org.au to apply or to view further information, including the position description. Applicants should include a resume and a brief cover letter addressing the above-listed requirements. To discuss this position please contact Robyn Jones on 07 5525 2984 during business hours only.
Please Quote “TES Australia” when responding to this ad
53 Prospect Rd, Gaythorne Q 4051
PO Box 6164, Mitchelton Q 4053
P (07) 3550 3737
F (07) 3550 3730
Applications close Monday 2 September, 2013.