Politics and Law/ Economics Teacher (s) - SOUTHERN RIVER
Politics and Law/ Economics Teacher (s)
Thornlie Christian School in SOUTHERN RIVER
To cover 1.0FTE
Thornlie Christian College is a Co-educational, non-denominational K-12 College with 820 students located in Southern River.
Thornlie Christian College seeks applications from experienced and dynamic Politics and Law and Economic teachers who can make a positive contribution to our Society and Environment Learning Area in line with the current developments of the Australian Curriculum
The successful applicant/s will commence this full time position from the beginning of 2014 and will need to demonstrate the following responsibilities and experience:
- have the knowledge and experience to teach Senior School students in Year 10, 11 and 12 Politics and Law and or Economics to a Stage 3 level. (Preferably a Major in one) and Middle School S&E.
- the ability to inspire students to be effective learners.
- to work collaboratively as a team member and make an effective contribution to bring about excellence in teaching strategies and educational outcomes.
- an ability to integrate ICT into pedagogical practices.
- have outstanding classroom pedagogy.
- to model, uphold and support the Ethos of the College and its Core Values.
- Liaise with parents, teachers and the Learning Area Co-ordinator to plan, prepare and monitor and report on the progress of students.
- be able to implement College policies and procedures relating to Classroom and Behaviour management.
- attend after school meetings of Secondary Teachers and the S&E Learning Area.
- A willingness to help in extra-curricular activities.
- qualifications for Secondary School teaching in WA and hold TRBWA membership.
Excited by the possibilities? Contact us to receive an application form today!
Thornlie Christian College has a friendly, professional team of staff who provide a supportive work culture and a positive and inspiring work environment.
Our passion is helping students reach their goals and achieve to the best of their ability through quality education and effective learning.
Applications must be submitted on the College Application Form.
The College Application Form can only be obtained by emailing email@example.com
Further information about the College can be accessed on the College website. www.tcc.wa.edu.au
Thornlie Christian School
19 Furley Road
SOUTHERN RIVER 6110
Tel: (08) 9455-1607
Fax: (08) 9455-1062
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 10am Monday 4th November