Population and settlement teaching resources
Secondary geography population and settlement teaching resources
As the world’s population continues to increase at an astonishing rate, the stress on the earth’s resources becomes more evident. One result has been migration between nations as people look for jobs and a better standard of living. Try these population and settlement teaching resources and lesson plans to explore some of these changes and their effect ondifferent areas of the world.
- PowerPoint on population change in developing and developed countries
- Resource pack on the push and pull factors of population change
- Introduction to population trends.
- Card sort ideal for starting a population control debate
- Introduction, for lower ability students, on why people may move to Brazil’s urban areas
- Presentations on Brazil’s population and other economic and social issues
Migration (USA and Mexico)
- PowerPoint on migration between Mexico and the US
- Card sort mystery about migration between the US and Mexico
- PowerPoint on the settlement hierarchy
- Resource collection about the benefits of settlements’ changing growth
Land use within cities
- True or false activity on land uses in urban area
- Fill-in-the-blanks exercise on the charaterictics of a Central Business District.