Primary Classroom Teacher- Sale
Primary Classroom Teacher
Gippsland Grammar in Sale
Location: Bairnsdale Campus
Time fraction: Full-time
Appointed by: The Principal
Responsible to: The Principal / Head of Junior School – Bairnsdale Campus
It is expected that the selected candidate will have appropriate tertiary qualifications in Primary Teaching and have early years experience. Applicants should have registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (or be eligible for it). An ability to integrate learning technologies into the curriculum will be an advantage. Salary will be commensurate with teaching experience.
- The successful applicant will be an excellent classroom practitioner who demonstrates a passion for engaging and challenging students and catering forstudents’ individual learning styles.
- The appointment of the person will not be dependent on the amount of experience, but rather quality of potential.
- Emphasis is placed upon supporting the School’s ethos and philosophy which requires a definite commitment to and involvement in the spiritual life of the School.
- Pastoral care of the children is a significant requirement and therefore an ability to relate easily and well to young people is a necessity.
- It is important that the successful applicant has the ability and skill to become a supportive and considerate team member of a cohesive and dynamic staff.
- Computer literacy and experience in the use of technology to enhance the teaching-learning process is required. Revised January 2009
- Teachers will need to be available for interview with parents on a needs basis. Contact with parents should be made regularly and through a variety of forms.
- Teachers are encouraged to attend in-service and professional development courses throughout the year.
- Teachers are expected to create a warm, safe and exciting classroom climate which reflects the scope and stimulation of the program of learning experiences undertaken.
- Attendance is expected at some out of hours functions during the year.
- Apart from fulfilling the basic tasks of a teacher at this School there may be occasions when extra assistance and support is required by the School. The Head of Junior School will let you know where your knowledge, experience and skill can be used to greatest advantage.
- The successful applicant will have knowledge of current curriculum initiatives and pedagogy and have a willingness to implement suitable programs.
Closing date: 14/11/2013