Primary Classroom Teacher Temp Position 1
Primary Classroom Teacher Temp Position 1
St Peters College in Adelaide
Commencement Date: Term 1, 2014
Area of Appointment: Junior School
Position Reporting to: Head of Junior School
Junior School Leadership Team
Immediate Colleagues: Year Level Teaching Team
Junior School Teaching Staff
Founded in 1847, St Peter’s College is an Anglican boys’ school located adjacent to the CBD of Adelaide.
Our vision is to be a world-class school where boys flourish and our mission is to provide an exceptional education that brings out the very best in every boy. Unlocking strengths, fostering wellbeing, developing spiritual richness, honouring difference: these are some of the School’s core values. Our commitment to our boys and our own values set us apart. Our values are the foundation of our work and inform how we interact with each other. The shape our culture and define St Peter’s College.
We are committed to:
- Unlocking individual strengths and virtues.
- Embracing creative potential.
- Fostering wellbeing.
- Celebrating the uniqueness of each individual.
- Honouring differences and valuing teamwork.
- Developing life-long engagement, meaning and purpose.
- Celebrating accomplishments.
- Building life-long mindfulness, resilience and commitment to service.
- Developing emotional maturity and spiritual richness within the Anglican tradition.
- Fostering honesty and integrity.
- Meaningful engagement with our community.
With students from Early Learning Centre to Year 12, the School caters for a wide range of student backgrounds and abilities. The School has an excellent reputation. 2 Teachers at St Peter’s College display the highest professional standards in their classrooms, personal presentation and management of the students in their care.
The School is seeking a person who has experience and understanding of the educational needs of boys to become an active member for the Junior School teaching staff. They must have knowledge of suitable methodologies required to cater for the needs of Primary aged boys.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach within the Junior School as directed by the Head of Junior School.
- Plan and implement classroom program – consistent with the curriculum, its aims, method and content.
- Keep a work program and maintain up to date assessment records.
- Report student progress in accordance with the Junior School’s Reporting timeline and structures.
- Maintain supervision of students at all times.
- Identify & assist with the resolution of issues as they arise (parents, students, teacher needs).
- Maintain the routine organisation within the classroom teaching area.
- Set and maintain appropriate standards of student care consistent with the School’s Policies.
- Plan and attend Camps/excursions, as required.
- Participate in personal and school based Professional Development Programs.
- Participate in the co-curricular program.
- Support the decisions made by the Junior School Leadership Team.
- Take responsibility for the educational needs of the students in their care.
- Support the Christian ethos of the school.
- Attend Staff Meetings.
- Actively attend to supervision of grounds.
- Adhere to the School’s documented WH&S and Risk Management Policies and Procedures.
- Any other duties as required by the Head of Junior School
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications.
- A working knowledge of Information Communication Technologies that can be integrated into student learning.
- South Australian Teacher Registration.
- Teaching experience in a primary classroom. 3
- Experience and understanding of the educational needs of boys in the Junior School and knowledge of suitable methodologies required to cater for those needs.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the central role wellbeing plays in enabling all boys to flourish.
- Possess and demonstrate a commitment to the principles and practices of WH&S, Equal Opportunity and Risk Management.
- Evidence provided of completed training in Responding to Abuse and Neglect Education and Care and Senior First Aid Certificate.
- Classroom teaching skills of the highest order.
- A sound knowledge of current primary educational theory and curriculum
- A proven ability in coaching Junior Sporting teams.
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work as a member of a team.
- Integrity, enthusiasm and dedication.
- A commitment to the ethos of an independent Anglican school.
- Flexibility to adapt to educational change and the changing needs of the School.
- Willingness to contribute to the co-curricula program.
- A resourceful team member.
- Demonstrated interest in ongoing professional development
Conditions of employment:
Salary will be according to qualifications and experience. The School has its own Enterprise Agreement – St Peter’s Enterprise Agreement 2012.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and must have (or be eligible to obtain) current registration with the Teachers Registration Board of South Australia.
Apply on line at: https://www.recruitpack.com/home.php?cc=stpeters&sd=stpeters&site=aus
Applications should be addressed to Annette Cinnamond, Director of Human Resources and include qualifications and all relevant details, together with the names and contact details of three referees, one of who must be your current direct line manager or Head of School.
The successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening, and adhere to the School’s Student Protection Policy.
St Peter’s College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please Quote “TES Australia” when responding to this ad
St Peter’s College
St Peters, 5069, Adelaide, Australia
Close Date: Monday 14 October 2013