Primary Learning Support Teacher - Hillarys
Primary Learning Support Teacher
St Mark’s Anglican Community School in Hillarys
Full Time. Commencing January 2014
St Mark’s requires a suitably qualified and experienced Learning Support Teacher to teach in the Primary School including the Early Learning Centre. This appointment commences in January 2014.
On-going employment will be dependent on staffing needs and a successful appraisal.
The successful applicant will be responsible to the Head of Primary School.
- Collate and review information from parents and external professionals in collaboration with the Head of the Primary School.
- Assist in the facilitation, writing, reviewing and implementation of Individual Educational Plans for funded students in collaboration with the class teachers.
- Test students to identify and assess those requiring support.
- Plan, write, deliver and evaluate appropriate educational programs.
- Write Group Education Plans (GEPs) or IEPs for students with additional needs.
- Inform parents of their child’s IEP and/or GEP and invoice them in the process.
- Prepare and manage the annual budget for the Learning Support programme in collaboration with the Learning Support Coordinator and Head of Primary School.
- Collaborate with and inform class and specialist teachers with regard to modifications that need to be made for individual students.
- Research student’s specific additional needs to assist in planning for learning support and for the classroom teacher.
- Scan report recommendations and attach them to information about students on the School’s Portal
- (Scholaris). Maintain files of relevant information and provide key information on Scholaris.
- Assess students’ progress in the Learning Support programme and write reports accordingly.
- Seek out and attend PD for leaning support students (eg. seminars, AISWA, conferences).
- Attend interviews with parents of students as requested by classroom teachers.
- Attend Learning Support team meetings
Please mention “TES AUSTRALIA” when applying for this role.
St Mark’s Anglican Community School
St Mark’s Drive, Hillarys, 6025, Western Australia
Postal Address: PO Box 231, Hillarys, 6923, Western Australia
Telephone: (08) 9403 1300
Facsimile: (08) 9307 7577
Applications for this position close on Friday 1 November 2013 at 3.30pm