Primary Music Teacher (FTE 1.0)
Primary Art teacher (FTE 0.2)
Glasshouse Country Christian College, Beerwah
Brief Role Statement
To carry out the teaching duties and responsibilities across the four broad interrelated areas of curriculum, classroom organisation, professionalism and school expectations.
Directly Supervised by: Head of Primary
Accountable to: Principal
Key Responsibilities Curriculum
- Plan a consistent and coherent learning programme which will foster progression and independent learning in accordance with the GCCC programme
- Develop, implement and evaluate the school curriculum, working actively with school curriculum teams
- Inform parents and students of expected learning outcomes.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of students’ progress.
- Use a range of assessment techniques
- Demonstrate documentation of curriculum, including overviews and sequential detailed planning.
- Classroom organisation and management
- Maintain an effective classroom conducive to teaching and learning. Encourage students to strive for their ‘personal best’.
- Provide an environment that is emotionally and physically safe through positive discipline strategies in accordance with school policies.
- Use a variety of teaching strategies to meet individual students’ learning styles and rates of learning, so as to engage students in effective learning.
- Maintain knowledge of best practice and current thinking in the subject areas taught.
- Have an ongoing commitment to, and participation in, professional development activities which generate an awareness of current trends
How to apply;
To apply for non-teaching positions you must download the Non Teaching Application Form and send to; Principal’s Personal Assistant, 58 Roberts Rd Beerwah Q 4519 or email email@example.com with Job application in subject line.
Please Quote “TES Australia” when responding to this ad
Glasshouse Country Christian College
58 Roberts Road, Beerwah QLD 4519
07 5439 0033
Applications close Friday 20 September 2013 at 4pm.