Primary Principal – MITTAGONG
St Michael’s Catholic Parish Primary School in Mittagong
Kindergarten to Year 6 serving the Mittagong Parish with an enrolment of approximately 191 pupils.
Commencing January 2014
The Director of Schools, Diocese of Wollongong, is inviting applications from suitably experienced educators for this significant leadership position at St Michael’s.
In the Diocese of Wollongong Principals are responsible for working collaboratively with their Parish Priest in leading school communities in the delivery of quality Catholic schooling within the evangelising mission of the Church. Applicants therefore require significant understanding, commitment and experience in faith and community leadership, evidenced capacity to lead learning and teaching, as well as a commitment to ongoing processes of School Review and Improvement.
Applicants will need to provide evidence of:
- A deep understanding and commitment to being an active Catholic engaged in the issues of our contemporary world.
- A deep understanding and commitment to the mission and purpose of a Catholic school within the broader evangelising mission of the Catholic Church.
- A well-articulated Catholic pedagogy and successful experience in creating an effective learning environment for staff and students.
- Personal qualities of empathy, compassion, discernment and sound judgement.
- Highly developed inter-personal skills and a commitment to working collaboratively.
- The ability to give and receive constructive feedback and to negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Successful experience as a Catholic school leader.
- Experience in School Review and Improvement.
- A commitment to ongoing personal and professional learning, particularly shown through successful post-graduate studies in one or more of the following areas: religious education, theology, leadership, administration, curriculum, pastoral care.
To receive an application package contact Paula Vera by email: firstname.lastname@example.org at the Catholic Education Office or 02 4253 0957. To discuss your application contact Carolyn Hadley, Head of Human Resource Services, or 02 4253 0952. Applicants will be required to provide three referees, including their current employer and their Parish Priest.
Child Protection Legislation requirements apply.
For Employment Information Package and application forms, please go to: http://www.dow.catholic.edu.au/employment_Forms.htm?site=aus
Closing date: 02/09/13