St Columba’s Primary School in Ballarat North
The requirement for principals in the Diocese of Ballarat Include:
- Membership of the Catholic Church and regular participation in the sacramental life of the faith community.
- An understanding of and demonstrated commitment to Catholic Education
- A period of recent experience in a leadership role within education
- Academic qualifications additional to teacher training and/or successful participation in appropriate post‐graduate professional development activities. eg. Leadership, Theology/Religious Education.
- Registration as a teacher with the Victorian Institute of Teaching. (For interstate applicants, demonstration that you meet the requirements and are pursuing this).
- Normally a minimum of ten years relevant experience in education.
- Accreditation to Teach Religious Education in a Catholic School (CECV Policy 1.7).
- Completion of a successful criminal records check (this will be carried out, when required, by the CEO).
- Completion of a declaration, according to the requirements of the Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority, regarding freedom from bankruptcy.
- A demonstrated commitment to personal and professional development.
For further information contact the Executive Officer, Peter Kerwan, on 03 5337 7123 or download an application package from www.ceoballarat.catholic.edu.au
Closing Date 13/09/2013