PRINCIPAL- Castle Hill
Gilroy Catholic College, Castle Hill
Commencing: Term 1, 2014
Position status: Permanent/full-time
Application closing date: 13/11/2013
The principal is responsible to the Executive Director of Schools for the leadership of a nominated Catholic school community. The principal exercises this responsibility by ensuring that the school delivers high quality contemporary learning and teaching for the community it serves which is embedded in the Catholic world view. It is a collaborative ministry of witness and service and part of the evangelising mission of the Church.
- A strong commitment to the Catholic faith in practice and lifestyle, witness and modelling
- Free from any impediment to full acceptance by the Church in practice and lifestyle, witness and modelling.
- A proven record of building Catholic culture.
- Capacity to challenge and lead a school community that gives witness to the Catholic faith and its teaching and is aligned with the system strategic intent
- Four years professional qualification in education and relevant Master’s Degree.
- An understanding of contemporary learning theory and practice, and demonstrated application of that knowledge in leading school improvement.
- Understanding and experience of an evidence based approach to school improvement
- Demonstrated success in building high performing teams and effective relationships across the school community.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of web 2.0 tools as enablers for contemporary learning and teaching
- Capacity to engage and influence the educational agenda at a system, National and International level.
Name: Personnel Officer
Phone: 9840 5606
Document(s) relevant to the position
Send application to
Catholic Education Diocese of Parramatta
Locked Bag 4
North Parramatta NSW 1750