St Joseph’s in COLERAINE
Expressions of interest are sought from suitably qualified and experienced Catholic teachers for the position of Principal of the following Parish Primary School in the Diocese of Ballarat.
SCHOOL: St Joseph’s, COLERAINE
POSITION TO COMMENCE: Term 1, 2014
Predicted Enrolment: 22 Applicable Base Salary: Level 7
An initial contract period will be negotiated with the successful applicant. This could be the usual seven (7) years, a secondment of three (3) years or a contract of less than seven years.
The requirement for principals in the Diocese of Ballarat Include:
- Membership of the Catholic Church and regular participation in the sacramental life of the faith community.
- An understanding of and demonstrated commitment to Catholic Education
- A period of recent experience in a leadership role within education
- Academic qualifications additional to teacher training and/or successful participation in appropriate post‐graduate professional development activities. eg. Leadership, Theology/Religious Education.
- Registration as a teacher with the Victorian Institute of Teaching. (For interstate applicants, demonstration that you meet the requirements and are pursuing this).
- Normally a minimum of ten years relevant experience in education.
- Accreditation to Teach Religious Education in a Catholic School (CECV Policy 1.7).
- Completion of a successful criminal records check (this will be carried out, when required, by the CEO).
- Completion of a declaration, according to the requirements of the Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority, regarding freedom from bankruptcy.
- A demonstrated commitment to personal and professional development.
For further information contact the Executive Officer, Peter Kerwan, on 03 5337 7123 or download an application package from www.ceoballarat.catholic.edu.au
5 Lyons Street South PO Box 576 Ballarat VIC 3350
Closing date for Applications: 11 November 2013