Principal / Coordinator
Spirit of Play Community School in Denmark
Spirit of Play Community School is seeking to appoint a Principal/Coordinator to lead our school through an exciting period of growth and change. Spirit of Play Community School currently offers Kindergarten, Pre-Primary and Year 1 in a single multi-age classroom. We have just received Advance Determination from the Minister of Education to register as a full Kindergarten – Year 6 primary school, beginning our expansion by offering Year 2 in 2015.
Spirit of Play Community School Council is looking for the right person to take on the role of Principal/Coordinator, with a passion for community schools.
The FTE and start date of the position can be negotiated, and may include a teaching component.
Spirit of Play Community School’s nature based curriculum offers students a holistic education which respects the uniqueness, individual learning style and developmental journey of each child. The curriculum is strongly rooted in Denmark’s abundant natural environment, where the natural world is both an educational resource and a learning tool. Students are challenged to set their own physical and academic goals and develop their own learning programs in partnership with their teachers. Learning appropriate risk assessment is part of every child’s development and is reflected in the School’s curriculum.Safe and respectful behaviour towards each other and the environment is fostered by encouraging children to explore their own physical, intellectual and emotional capabilities and to assess the impact of their actions on others and their surroundings. The School promotes a positive and supportive school community and provides an imaginative and aesthetic learning environment.
Spirit of Play Community School is situated in Denmark, on the south coast of Western Australia. Our school was established in 2001 and we provide a rich curriculum specialising in nature education, music and indigenous culture and language. This is an exciting opportunity for an innovative educator to be involved in our school community as we develop into a full primary school. The FTE of this position is likely to increase as the school grows allowing the successful applicant the opportunity to help grow our school from the ground up.
- Capacity to provide leadership in education within the context of the Australian Curriculum standards framework, education accountability and the school’s strategic plan.
- Capacity to manage effectively the use of the school’s financial, physical and human resources through sound management practices and organisational systems.
- Capacity to develop effective interpersonal relationships and establish productive community partnerships.
- Capacity to develop a learning organisation that fosters a safe, purposeful and inclusive learning environment, and achieves quality educational outcomes for every student.
- Capacity to supervise our building program and apply for Low Interest Loans and Capital Grants.
Additional information required:
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications and experience;
- Evidence of current teacher registration, or eligible for, registration with the Teachers Registration Board of Western Australia;
- Curriculum Vitae outlining prior and current work and experience;
- Provision of contact details of at least two referees;
- Current National Police Records Check;
- Current Working with Children’s Check.
Applications must include:
- Covering letter, including your reason for applying for this position
- Short statement addressing each selection criteria
Closing date: 3.00 pm Friday September 13th, 2013
Please mention “TES AUSTRALIA” when applying for this role.
Spirit of Play Community School