Principal Level 2 (High School)
Principal Level 2 (High School)
Wee Waa High School in New England
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Principal Network: New England West
Staffing Area: Moree
Advertisement Number: A900062630
Requisition Number: 00001U0A
Click to Apply
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $161,804.00. This position attracts a base salary of $146,639.00, plus leave loading and employer’s contribution to superannuation.
Wee Waa High School with an enrolment of 161 students, including a significant number of Aboriginal students (40%), serves the needs of a rural community 40 km from Narrabri. The school caters for students intending to pursue tertiary education and also has strong vocational education programs. Committed staff provide a caring, supportive and stimulating environment to help each child achieve to their full potential. The school is currently participating in both the National Partnership on Low Socio-economic Status School Communities and in the Empowering Local Schools National initiatives. The Wee Waa High School 2012 Annual School report is available for download at http://www.weewaa-h.schools.nsw.edu.au
General Selection Criteria
- High level educational leadership with the skills to lead and manage a complex public school focused on the delivery of high quality education
- Ability to lead and manage rigorous and inclusive whole school teaching and learning programs
- High level communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build positive relationships and engage all levels of the school and educational community
- Ability to lead and manage the development and performance of staff to improve teaching and learning
- Ability to plan systems and manage resources effectively and equitably to enhance teaching and learning
- Capacity to lead staff in implementing the Department’s Aboriginal education policies and to ensure quality outcomes for Aboriginal people
Specific Selection Criteria
In addition to the general selection criteria, demonstrated strong, collaborative and visible leadership and the ability to build on the positive relationships that the school enjoys with all sections of the school community. Proven ability to lead a school community during a period of significant change. Demonstrated understanding of the needs of students from low socio-economic status communities and the capacity to lead staff in an isolated rural community. Demonstrated capacity to work with the local community to lead and support programs for Aboriginal students.
Special Notes For appointment as principal of a high school or principal of a central school, the possession of a degree from a recognised university or qualifications considered to be equivalent is regarded as essential.
Wee Waa High School is a 4 point school and as such attracts additional incentives. Please refer to:
For information on living in Wee Waa, please go to http://www.weewaa.com which will provide applicants with additional information on the town/area/council in which the school is located.
Contact Name: Adrian King
Phone number: 02 67573000
Closing Date: 23/10/2013 4pm EST