Principal Level 2 (High School)
Principal Level 2 (High School)
Coomealla High School in Western NSW
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Principal Network: Broken Hill
Staffing Area: Broken Hill
Advertisement Number: A900062686
Requisition Number: 00001UR1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $161,804.00. This position attracts a base salary of $146,639.00, plus leave loading and employer’s contribution to superannuation.
Coomealla High School is a fully comprehensive school with a diverse enrolment of 355 students, including 25% Aboriginal students. It is located in the Wentworth Shire near the major Victorian city of Mildura. There is a support unit consisting of one class for students with mild intellectual disability and two multi-categorical classes. The school is in receipt of Transitional Equity Funding for 2013. The school prides itself on a broad curriculum offering for all students. The school is in its sixth year of Positive Behaviour for Learning and this is an important part of the welfare structure. The school is supported by an active parent group.
General Selection Criteria
- High level educational leadership with the skills to lead and manage a complex public school focused on the delivery of high quality education
- Ability to lead and manage rigorous and inclusive whole school teaching and learning programs
- High level communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build positive relationships and engage all levels of the school and educational community
- Ability to lead and manage the development and performance of staff to improve teaching and learning
- Ability to plan systems and manage resources effectively and equitably to enhance teaching and learning#
- Capacity to lead staff in implementing the Department’s Aboriginal education policies and to ensure quality outcomes for Aboriginal people
Specific Selection Criteria
In addition to the general selection criteria, an innovative, engaging leader with demonstrated skills to lead and manage cultural change within the context of the current educational reform agenda. Demonstrated capacity to lead innovation to enhance student engagement, achievement and wellbeing to meet the diverse learning needs of students. Visible and collaborative leadership demonstrating quality communication and high order interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to build and strengthen parent and community partnerships.
For appointment as principal of a high school or principal of a central school, the possession of a degree from a recognised university or qualifications considered to be equivalent is regarded as essential.
Coomealla High School is a 6 point school and as such attracts additional incentives. Please refer to: https://www.det.nsw.edu.au/eAT/TchAllow?Command=Browse
For information on living in Dareton, please go to http://www.wentworth.nsw.gov.au/ or http://www.visitnsw.com/destinations/outback-nsw/wentworth-area/dareton which will provide applicants with additional information on the town/area/Council in which the school is located.
Contact Name: Trish Webb
Phone number: 0428230457
Closing Date: 23/10/2013 4pm EST