Disability Support Worker - Psychologist/Counsellor/Social Worker
Carinity Baptist Community Services, Brisbane
Since 1949, Carinity (formerly Queensland Baptist Care) has been making a real difference in people’s lives through comprehensive and integrated community services. These include the provision of care to the frail aged, shelters for homeless youth, helping families and young people through difficult times, support for people with disabilities, secure retirement lifestyle communities, chaplaincy support at hospitals and alternative education for teenagers who struggle in traditional schools.
Benefits of joining the team at Carinity include:
- Not-for-profit organisation with a culture of caring for others
- Access to Salary Packaging
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Making a positive difference in people’s lives
About the Role
Carinity Communities has a vacancy for a full time Psychologist/Counsellor/Social Worker to join the team at Carinity Communities – Wahroonga. This is a full time position on a short term contract. The Psychologist/Counsellor/Social Worker utilises a collaborative case management approach to provide quality therapeutic counselling interventions that include individual and family counselling for adolescents and young adults between the ages of 13 to 24.
Carinity Communities – Wahroonga is a counselling centre in Rockhampton helping children and young people deal with trauma and to develop coping strategies for issues such as abuse, neglect, depression, anxiety, bullying, self-harm, suicidal thoughts and family relationships.
To be successful in this role, the following criteria should be met:
- Ability to work within the Christian ethos and framework of Carinity
- Tertiary Qualification/s in Psychology/Social Work/Counselling or similar relevant discipline
- Significant experience in counselling adolescents, young people, children and/or families, particularly in areas of mental health, suicide, self-harm and family violence would be preferred
- Sound knowledge base of therapeutic approaches to assist young people and families
- Highly developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills preferred
- Current Suitability for Working with Children Card (Blue Card) or willing to obtain
How to apply;
Visit Working with Us at www.carinity.org.au to apply or view more information, including the position description. Applicants should include a resume and brief cover letter addressing the requirements listed in the Position Description (Essential Competencies and Experiences). To discuss this position please contact KayleneParadine on 07 4922 5226.
Applications close Monday 9 September 2013.
Please Quote “TES Australia” when responding to this ad.
53 Prospect Rd, Gaythorne Q 4051
PO Box 6164, Mitchelton Q 4053
P (07) 3550 3737
F (07) 3550 3730
Close Date: Monday 9th September