Plenty Valley Christian College in Doreen
Student Counsellor - 2014
- This is a full time appointment. Normal hours of attendance are 8.30am – 4.00pm.
- The College may consider a job share arrangement in which appointees work part time on every week day at the College.
- Remuneration commensurate with experience and qualifications will be negotiated at the time of an offer of appointment.
- The appointee must hold a current working with children check or a VIT national criminal history record check.
- The appointee must agree with the College’s philosophical Christian stance and general terms and conditions of employment.
- The appointee will enter an induction process and an employment agreement with the College.
- The College has a probationary employment period of six calendar months.
The role of student counsellor involves, amongst other things:
- Student counselling and appropriate referral.
- A proactive approach to welfare in the College.
- Exemplary working relationships with College staff, especially the College Chaplain and coordinators of sub schools.
- Appropriate educational assessment of students.
- Appropriate psychological assessment of students.
- Attendance at staff meetings as required.
- The practice of the counsellor must be coherent with a Christian worldview.
- The role may involve appropriate participation in specialist staff teams.
- The focus of the counselling role is student rather than family based.
How to apply;
Please submit applications and curriculum vitae to Athelia Du Preez (PA to the Principal) via email email@example.com , or post to PO Box 545, GREENSBOROUGH 3088.
Please Quote “TES Australia” when responding to this ad
Plenty Valley Christian College
840 Yan Yean Road
Doreen Vic 3754
Close Date: 15th October 2013