RE Teacher – North Sydney
Classroom Teacher - RE
Monte Sant’ Angelo Mercy College in North Sydney
- We provide girls with a quality education rich in diversity of opportunity.
- Students are encouraged to realize their potential with a strong, nurturing community based on Mercy values.
- We prepare students for life by challenging them both academically and spiritually and motivating them to make a positive contribution to their world.
Position Reports to: Head of Department, Religious Education
Employment basis: Fulltime, temporary
Employment period: January – December 2014
Employment start: 21 January 2014
Key Conditions of employment:
- Participation in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Undertake a tutor group.
- Contribute to out of hours activities, e.g. parent/teacher evenings, Year camps.
- Undertake regular appropriate professional development.
Selection criteria: Based on demonstrated ability to meet Key Responsibilities, Key Knowledge and Key Competencies as outlined below as well as a clear commitment to strive to meet the College Mission as stated above.
Role: To teach students, facilitate their learning and provide pastoral care to them.
Subjects: Middle School RE, Years 11- 12 Studies of Religion
- Promoting effective student learning.
- Developing curricula and programmes (Teachers are expected to integrate the use of ICT into their teaching and learning programs in an competent and innovative way such that students make regular, practical and purposeful use of their notebook computers both in and out of class).
- Planning, Assessing and Reporting for effective student learning.
- Ensuring the safety of students in a challenging learning environment.
- Undertaking a tutor group.
- Contributing to the work of the Pastoral Team.
- Contributing to the work of the Curriculum Team
- Effectively utilizing and protecting College resources.
- Contributing to the life of the College.
- Working with a departmental Project Leader on special projects.
- To continually improve own professional knowledge and practice.
- Actively engage as a member of the teaching profession and the wider community.
- Thorough knowledge of subject content and how to teach that content to students.
- Ability to teach Studies of Religion and RE.
- Understand NSW Curriculum/Board of Studies requirements.
- Knowledge of the IB curriculum.
- Demonstrated work ethic.
- Competent and innovative integration of ICT into teaching and learning.
- Know how students learn.
- Effective class management skills.
- Effective administrative ability.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Confident with strong verbal reasoning and written expression.
For more information and how to apply please visit and click on ‘Apply Now’:
Please mention “TES AUSTRALIA” when applying for this role.
Monte Sant’ Angelo Mercy College
128 Miller Street, North Sydney
NSW 2060 Australia
T +61 2 9409 6200
F +61 2 9956 5925
Close Date: 19/09/2013