RELIGIOUS EDUCATION COORDINATOR, K-6 CO-ED, 287 STUDENTS
Religious Education Co-Ordinator
St Joseph’s Primary School in Kingswood
Commencing: Term 1, 2014
Position status: Permanent/full-time
Application closing date: 3/09/2013
The Religious Education Coordinator is responsible to the principal and shares in the leadership of a nominated school community by supporting the principal and leadership team. The Religious Education Coordinator exercises this responsibility by ensuring that the school delivers high quality contemporary learning and teaching for the community it serves which is embedded in the Catholic world view. It is a collaborative ministry of witness and service and part of the evangelising mission of the Church. The Religious Education Coordinator does this by contributing a deep knowledge of the religious education curriculum and through enhancing the liturgical, sacramental and spiritual life of the school.
- A strong commitment to the Catholic faith in practice and lifestyle, witness and modelling
- Free from any impediment to full acceptance by the church, in practice, lifestyle, witness and modelling
- Minimum of four years professional qualification in education
- Substantial currency in Religious Education pedagogy and knowledge of Religious Education curriculum
- Accreditation to teach Religious Education and completion of Master’s of Religious Education/Theology or commitment to complete within four years of appointment
- An understanding of contemporary learning theory and practice, and an ability to ensure this is in evidence in the teaching within the school
- Capacity to challenge and lead a school community that gives witness to the Catholic faith and its teaching and is aligned with the system strategic intent.
- Commitment to team and building relationships
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional learning and formation
Name: Personnel Officer
Phone: 9840 5715 or 9840 5606
Send application to
Diocese of Parramatta
Locked Bag 4
NORTH PARRAMATTA NSW 1750
Please mention “TES AUSTRALIA” when applying for this role.
Closing date: 03/09/2013