Religious Education Officer
Religious Education Officer
Townsville Education Office in Queensland
Applicants for the position of Religious Education Officer for Catholic schools in the Diocese of Townsville should meet the following essential criteria:
- A strong commitment to the Catholic faith and active membership of the Church
- Personal qualities of leadership, sound judgment, a capacity for strategic thinking and a commitment to collaborative processes. Demonstrated ability to ensure school communities are proactively supported in the improvement of learning outcomes for students through motivation, consultation and delivery of appropriate services working through the Assistant to the Principal, Religious Education.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure curriculum renewal and related initiatives are promoted through the delivery and or co-ordination of quality professional development opportunities for APREs and teachers.
- Ability and experience in consulting with and advising schools about accreditation to teach/teach RE issues, study requirements for Senior Leadership and teachers and skills appropriate to assessment and tutoring in formal courses such as Certificate of Religious Education (Sydney) and Certificate IV in Theology (Institute of Faith Education, Brisbane)
- Well developed interpersonal and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Appropriate Tertiary Qualifications in Education and eligibility for registration with the Queensland College of Teachers.
- A Degree in Education (or equivalent)
- A minimum of eight semester units (or their equivalent) of postgraduate study from any one or more of: Theology, Scripture, Christian Leadership, Religious Education, Liturgy and Spirituality.
- Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training (or willingness to acquire this during the first term of appointment)
- Successful teaching experience in a Catholic school and successful teaching of Religious Education in a Catholic school
- Demonstrated proven leadership ability in schools.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
Commencing January 2014
The Townsville Catholic Education Office is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified person to the position of Religious Education Officer. This is an opportunity for an experienced Catholic Educational leader to work in a multi-faceted role as part of a dynamic team in the mission of the Church in North Queensland. The appointee will have the opportunity to work in schools located in a range of centres across the Diocese.
Employment Conditions: Attractive salary packages will be offered to the suitable applicants for these positions.
How to apply;
Or visit: http://www.tsv.catholic.edu.au?site=aus/employment/vacancies/?site=aus
For More Information and to obtain an application package: www.tsv.catholic.edu.au
Please Quote “TES Australia” when responding to this ad
Catholic Education Office of Townsville
2 Gardenia Ave, Kirwan, Queensland 4817
Phone: (07) 47730946
Closing date: 02 September 2013