Res a day-test
Find a topical resource for every day of the week
MONDAY 5TH MAR
- Celebrate the most important meal of the day – ditch the break-time mars bars for some early hearty cereal. Setting up a breakfast club at school? Check out gdiz07’s support guide to get you started.
- More resources on breakfast
TUESDAY 6TH MAR
- Hosted by UNICEF, this three day challenge pits students against each other to find the world’s best speller, mathematician and scientist. Get practising in class with tutpup’sonline games.
- More resources for World Maths Day (part of the World Education Games)
WEDNESDAY 7TH MAR
- One of the most celebrated Jewish festivals – the time to commemorate the courage of Esther, a young Jewish girl who saved the Jews of Persia from extermination over 2,000 years ago. M.Eldridge shares a whole collection of festive fun.
- More resources for Purim
THURSDAY 8TH MAR
- International Women’s Day often reflects on strong women of the past, but this year’s theme is ‘connecting girls, inspiring futures’ – what will future feminism be like? How is it changing? See Stella Lithgow’s resource that explains the suffragette movement.
- More resources for International Women’s Day
FRIDAY 9TH MAR
- (1973) A majority vote from the people of Northern Ireland sees the country remain part of the United Kingdom. Due to a boycott, only 1% of voters are Catholic. Debate the ‘troubles’ that shaped much of the country’s modern history with a courtroom role-play from ThePeopleSpeak.
- More KS4 History resources for Britain 1905–1986
SATURDAY 10TH MAR
- (1876) Alexander Bell transmits the first discernable speech over a telephone, to his assistant in the opposite room, exclaiming the ironically uninventive: ‘Mr Watson, come here; I want you’. Get inventive with a resource from lisabenjess.
- More resources on inventions
SUNDAY 11TH MAR
- Cogs to waves, current to wings, celebrate all things STEM (science, technology, engineering and maths). This year’s theme is ‘world in motion’ – get your planning moving with the TES NSEW collection.