Carinity Baptist Community Services, Queensland
Carinity (formerly Queensland Baptist Care) is a not-for-profit organisation which is currently entering into a time of great growth and expansion. Within this period of growth Carinity’s Aged Care sector is growing financially, geographically and in reputation. Carinity provides a range of other community services as well as aged care, including counselling, schools, accommodation for homeless youth, and disability respite services through its staff of approximately 1000 employees.
About the Role
Carinity Aged Care has a vacancy for a Residential Manager to join the team at Carinity Aged Care – Hilltop. This is a full time role, which leads a team of staff and manages resources efficiently to ensure the highest quality of life for residents of the Aged Care Facility, providing individualised and holistic care, meeting the client’s needs and upholding quality services aligned with organisational standards.
Carinity Aged Care – Hilltop is located on a beautiful 2 ½ acre block overlooking the city and Victoria Park, offering both quiet and convenience. The 107 bed aged care centre caters for high, low and interim level care, providing quality care to each and every resident.
Benefits of joining the team at Carinity include:
- Private and Professional use of a Motor Vehicle
- Access to Salary Packaging
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- On-going Professional Development and training
- Not-for-profit organisation with a culture of caring for others
To be successful in this role, the following criteria should be met:
- Ability to work within the Christian ethos and framework of Carinity
- Demonstrated experience in the management of a Residential Aged Care Facility
- Knowledge of operating requirements within the Health/Aged Care Industry
- Demonstrated management/leadership skills, including coordination of resources, direction of care plans and prioritising clinical care
- Ability to conduct ACFI assessments and associated financial analysis
- Highly developed verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to communicate with elderly, families, staff and management
- Ability to foster a culture of best practice by providing leadership and support, relating to and developing a team
- Provide leadership in articulating organisational Mission, Guiding Purpose and Values within management practices/decision making
- Registered Nurse with AHPRA preferred but not essential
- Current National Criminal History Record Check or willingness to obtain
- Current Drivers License
How to apply;
Visit Working with us at www.carinity.org.au to apply or to view more information, including the position description. Applicants should include a resume and a brief cover letter addressing the above-listed requirements. To discuss this position please contact Jacinta Geraghty, Executive Manager – Aged Care, on 07 3550 3720, during business hours only.
Applications will not be accepted from Recruitment Agencies for this vacancy.
Applications close Friday 30 August 2013.
Please Quote “TES Australia” when responding to this ad
53 Prospect Rd, Gaythorne Q 4051
PO Box 6164, Mitchelton Q 4053
P (07) 3550 3737
F (07) 3550 3730
Close Date: 30th August 2013