Retail teaching resources
Retailing, sales and customer service teaching resources suitable for BTEC, NVQ and other vocational retailing courses. From instructional PowerPoints to role plays, key skills to assignments, there’s plenty to help prepare students for the world of work.
- Place communication and ICT tasks in a retail context with this practical resource.
- Trends, pricing and communication are all covered in these key skills retail worksheets.
- An introduction to the structure and jobs of the industry.
- These detailed study worksheets will introduce students to the world of retail.
- This assignment and moderated coursework example are a great template for unit planning.
- Retailing, business outlets and occupations are explained in these three visual presentations.
- A series of presentations introduce ethical shopping, the supply chain and the economy’s relationship to retail.
- An article that can be used to stimulate discussion on the relationship between the economy and retailing.
- Inspire students to choose a profitable location for a new retail outlet with this PowerPoint about factors affecting industry change.
- A project case study on creating window displays and store layout.
- Costumer needs, stock control and quality control are some of the key topics covered in this compendium of easily adaptable BTEC business teaching resources.
- Have some fun with this ‘pub quiz’ putting students’ knowledge of high street brands to the test.
- Key facts and inspirational quotes about the importance of great customer service.
- Help students practise customer care by acting out these refund request scenario.
- Activities for students to assess ‘best practice’ in communicating with customers and clients.
- Introduction to food retailing comparing supermarkets to local shops.
- Understand how to attract customers with this PowerPoint on advertising in food retailing.
Working in retail
- A video story of one young students’ progression in her retail career.
- Details of starting salaries and qualifications needed for a customer services career.
- A detailed overview of the entire retail industry.