Rugby World Cup
The 2011 Rugby World Cup will be the seventh Rugby World Cup, a quadrennial international rugby union competition inaugurated in 1987. The event is scheduled to be played in New Zealand over seven weekends from 10 September 2011 until the weekend starting 22 October 2011.
Primary Rugby resources
- Assessment posters for KS2 / 3. Can be used easily by pupils and staff
- Spreadsheet of Rugby world cup to be used for data handling in Maths and ICT.
- Small game of tag with a difference for tag rugby.
- Use this apptivity to help pupils to write a report about Rugby.
- These resources include an intro to NZ, a traditional tale of how Maui tamed the sun, an activity making tattooed Maori masks, a dance lesson teaching the Haka and much more.
- Discuss impact of recent earthquake for the local people of New Zealand and for others involved in disaster recovery.
- Images to support a unit on NZ
- Students are provided with lyrics to the national anthem of New Zealand, God Defend New Zealand.
Secondary Rugby resources
- Role play based on choosing a ‘dream team’.
- Booklet simplifying the rules of rugby union for both teachers and pupils.
- Two simple games to help develop rugby by using a more game sense approach.
- A booklet of activities ready for the rugby world cup.
- Daily maths activities related to the World Cup
- This learning resource helps you learn the skills and techniques involved in the game of rugby.
- Resource designed to support learners understanding of the correct teaching points of the tackle technique.
- Four rugby score cards for referee’s use during a game.
- Pupils to match up the countries in this year’s rugby world cup.
- These two resources work together to provide pupils with an insight into the recent earthquake.