School Counsellor- Kew
Carey Baptist College in Kew
Applications are invited from suitably qualified, experienced and motivated professionals for the full-time position of School Counsellor. Candidates may also be considered for the opportunity of Acting Manager, Student Services.
Responsibilities include counselling students, parents and staff in the management of social, emotional and educational difficulties and working as part of a team in the development of a comprehensive school-wide Social and Emotional Curriculum.
Experience working with young people at both Primary and Secondary levels would be highly regarded. Applicants must be fully committed to the aims and ethos of a Christian international school.
Reporting to: Head of Student Services
- To provide counselling and clinical intervention to students, staff parents and families in the management of educational, social and emotional difficulties as required.
- To implement group programs relevant to student needs (CBT group programs for Anxiety / Depression, Positive Psychology).
- To conduct/interpret psycho-social as well as psycho-educational assessments of students as required.
- To provide consultation and advice regarding the management of student behavioural problems.
- To liaise with Heads of School, Heads of House and Mentors on student welfare issues.
- To develop and co-ordinate programs and presentations throughout the school, in consultation with curriculum and pastoral leaders.
- To provide consultation and advice to Special Education staff.
- To Provide and liaise with external agencies and specialists as required.
- To provide case-management for students with complex clinical issues (ie. psychological reports as required).
- To carry out risk assessments as required.
- To undertake continued relevant professional development activities in order to offer a professional level of service and expertise to the school community.
- To attend relevant meetings (ie. Head of House meetings, Well-being meetings, Departmental meetings).
- To maintain record keeping in accordance with AHPRA professional standards.
- To undertake any other responsibilities associated with this role as requested by the Principal.
- To attend and participate in regular supervision and planning meetings.
- To identify and address trends in presenting problems.
- To provide support for the school community in response to critical incidents.
Registration as a psychologist with AHPRA.
Experience working with children and families desirable.
Masters in Counselling, Clinical or Educational and Developmental Psychology.
Experience working in a school setting.
Carey Baptist College
349 Barkers Road, Kew 3101
Close Date: 22nd November 2013