Autism Spectrum Australia in Terrigal, NSW
Location Terrigal - Central Coast
Duration Permanent Part Time
Aspect Central Coast School
- Part-time Permanent – 30.4 hours per week – choice of days
- Approx. $47-70K p.a. salary package
- Tax-effective PBI salary packaging benefits
- Based in Terrigal - servicing Central Coast region
About Aspect: Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) has grown to become amongst the largest educational service provider in the world for children with an ASD, with 8 independent schools operating from 50 locations across NSW & caters to over 1,000 students. Aspect builds confidence & capacity in people with an ASD, their families & communities by providing information, education & other services.
About the School: Provides placements for 138 children with an ASD from 4-16 years of age across the Central Coast region. Operating from Terrigal with 15 satellite classes in both DEC and Catholic Schools.
Classroom staff are supported by a Learning Support Team (LST) consisting of the Principal, School Psychologist, Speech Pathologist, Occupational Therapist and senior teaching staff.
About the role: Provide high quality, evidence-based treatment and intervention that is student focused in partnership with students, carers and other members of the school community.
Duties & responsibilities
- Provide interventions across natural learning contexts
- Support Teachers & families across all aspects of Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- Developing behaviour & crisis support plans & strategies to address student’s behaviour
- Implement, monitor & evaluate specific programs with students
- Provide counselling & support to families
- Liaise with staff, families, other agencies/services & provide information & advocacy
- Undertake psychology assessments
- Undertake report writing & feedback for staff & families
- Develop & implement professional learning for staff & families
Skills & experience
- Relevant Psychology qualifications & registration
- Eligible for registration as a provider with Medicare
- Knowledge of ASD’s
- Experience working with children with an ASD & their families is desirable
- Experience within the disability sector is preferred
- Experience collaborating with a team
- Experience capacity building through support & training
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Experience in family counselling & crisis management
- Understanding & commitment to the values underpinning disability legislation.
- Current NSW driver’s licence
This position requires a NSW Working With Children Check. Please refer to the following website for further information: http://www.kids.nsw.gov.au/Working-with-children/New-Working-with-Children-Check?site=aus
Salary and benefits: A competitive remuneration package will be based on relevant qualifications and experience. Tax-effective PBI salary packaging opportunities are available to employees as Aspect is eligible for FBT Exemption as a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI).
To Apply: When applying, please address the key responsibilities and qualities noted above and at Parts A and B of the Position Profile.
For more information: www.autismspectrum.org.au.
For a confidential discussion contact Janet Millhouse, Principal, Aspect Central Coast School on 0413 947 651 or email@example.com.
Please quote reference number CCSPSY0913 on all correspondence.
Aspect is a Public Benevolent Institution and EEO employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Please mention “TES AUSTRALIA” when applying for this role.
Forest Ridge Business Park
Building 1, Level 2, 14 Aquatic Drive
Frenchs Forest NSW 2086
P 02 8977 8300
F 02 8977 8399
Close Date: 15/11/2013