St Michael’s Grammar School in St Kilda
Full time, ongoing role
We are looking for an innovative Science teacher to deliver effective teaching, learning and caring programs in the Senior School. You must be aligned with the School’s ethos, vision and values. You are curious, excited and invigorated by learning and are a continuous, autonomous learner who makes visible their own learning. You will possess a positive outlook, exceptional interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence with demonstrated ability to build authentic, collaborative relationships.
The successful applicant;
- Must be a qualified teacher and be able to demonstrate a suitable tertiary qualification in teaching and their methods
- Must hold current registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT)
- Will be able to teach either Chemistry or Psychology at VCE level
- Must be willing to be involved in all aspects of the School’s program
- Will possess strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport and interact with both adults and students
- Has high level communication skills
- Can work independently but also as part of a dynamic, creative and collaborative team.
This is a full time position commencing in January 2014.
There is an engaging culture at the School, based on the Schools values of dignity, respect, care and compassion. We offer competitive remuneration based on experience, 10% superannuation, 5 weeks annual leave plus leave loading. You will be a part of the School’s professional development programs; there is an active Staff Association and opportunities to participate in a wide variety of School activities. These opportunities make St Michael’s Grammar School a highly sought-after working environment. The School is centrally located and is close to public transport.
To apply and for more information visit;
Please Quote “TES Australia” when responding to this ad
St Michaels Grammar School
25 Chapel Street, St Kilda VIC 3182
t: +61 3 8530 3200
f: +61 3 9510 9392
Closing Date: 4th November 2013