Science Teacher - Hillary's
St Mark’s Anglican Community School, Hillary’s
Full Time. Commencing January 2014. One year leave cover.
Applications for this position close on Monday 11 November 2013 at 3.30pm
St Mark’s requires a suitably qualified and experienced Secondary Science Teacher who can teach across the Middle and Senior Schools. This is a temporary position to cover leave until the end of 2014. On-going employment will be dependent upon satisfactory performance and staffing requirements.
The successful applicant will be responsible to the Head of Science for the instruction of students, acquisition and recording of assessments, grading and reporting.
Key Selection Criteria
- Personal educational philosophy and beliefs about best practice in teaching and learning.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of current curriculum and WACE courses of study relevant to Science.
- How technologies can be incorporated in effective teaching and learning. Eg. Computers, Interactive Whiteboards, Digital Cameras and Data Projectors.
- The importance of Pastoral Care and its purposeful interpretation and implementation at the classroom level.
- Establishing positive relationships with students, parents and colleagues.
- Be able to demonstrate positive support for the School’s Christian ethos and values, as well as the extracurricular life of the School. Please refer to the School’s Values Statement on www.stmarks.wa.edu.au.
Applicants should have a clear affinity with the ethos and philosophy of the School and will:
- Have intellectual strength.
- Professional integrity and a passion for education.
- Show positive support for the Christian faith.
- Be conversant with key educational issues.
- Show empathy with, and understanding of, young people.
- Have a commitment to pastoral care, coupled with knowledge of social issues which affect young people.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of people.
- Possess appropriate tertiary qualifications and show a commitment to ongoing professional learning.
- Possess energy and a sense of humour.
Applicants must complete the attached Application Form, and applications must include a covering letter and CV.
Applications should be addressed to:
St Mark’s Anglican Community School
PO Box 231 HILLARYS WA 6923
Phone: (08) 9403 1302 Fax: (08) 9307 7577
Applications may also be submitted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 11/11/2013