Secondary Christian Education Teacher – Joondalup
Secondary Christian Education Teacher
Lake Joondalup Baptist College in Joondalup
Secondary Christian Education Teacher (0.4 FTE)
Lake Joondalup Baptist College seeks to appoint an experienced and/or enthusiastic Christian Education educator who has the qualifications and personal qualities needed to make a difference to the educational outcomes of students from Year 7 to Year 12.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ability to teach Lower and Senior Secondary Christian Education
- Liaise with Director of Christian Education to plan, prepare and monitor the progress of students.
- Work collaboratively as a team member and make an effective contribution to bring about excellence in teaching strategies and educational outcomes.
- Able to communicate with parents and students, both in formal and informal situations, in order to promote a friendly environment within the College community.
- Work closely with the Director of Christian Education to support the outreach and ministry of the Chaplaincy Department, including evangelistic and Year Group camps.
- Willing to actively share their Christian faith and support and promote the ethos of Lake Joondalup
- Baptist College at all times.
- Support the Dean of Students K-12 and implement any changes from time to time as directed by the Dean of Students K-12.
- Teach and undertake other duties as specified by the Director of Christian Education and the College Principal.
- Contribute annually a minimum of 40 hours (pro rata) to co-curricular activities, as directed by the College Principal, as part of the Enterprise Bargaining Agreement (EBA) for LJBC.
- Other duties as directed by the Principal.
Qualifications, experience and personal qualities
- Registration or eligibility for registration with the Teacher Registration Board
- The successful applicant will have excellent interpersonal and professional qualities, including compassion, strong written and oral communication skills, initiative and ability to work as a team member.
- The successful applicant must be a committed, practicing, evangelical Christian. A current reference from your Pastor/Minister must accompany the application.
Please visit the Employment section on the College website www.ljbc.wa.edu.au/Employment/employment.html and refer to the section Application Information, Secondary Teaching Staff Prospectus. An Employment Application Form is available for downloading from this page.
Please submit your application, together with your resume, as follows:
By email: HR@ljbc.wa.edu.au
By post to: College Principal
Lake Joondalup Baptist College
PO Box 95
JOONDALUP WA 6919
By hand: Lake Joondalup Baptist College
Kennedya Drive, Joondalup
Western Australia 6027
PH: +61 8 9300 7444
FAX: +61 8 9300 1878
Please mention “TES AUSTRALIA” when applying for this role.
Closing date for applications: 4pm Friday 11 October 2013