Secondary English Teacher – Joondalup
Secondary English Teacher
Lake Joondalup Baptist College in Joondalup
Lake Joondalup Baptist College seeks expressions of interest from experienced and enthusiastic English educators. The successful candidate will have the qualifications and personal qualities needed to inspire and teach students effectively and competently as they implement the Australian Curriculum and make a difference to the educational outcomes of students from Year 7 to Year 12.
The successful applicant will commence from the beginning of 2014. This is a full time position.
Duties and responsibilities of English Teacher
- Ability to teach Lower and Senior Secondary English.
- Liaise with parents, teachers and the Head of English Learning Area to plan, prepare, monitor and report on the progress of students.
- Work collaboratively as a team member and make an effective contribution to bring about excellence in teaching strategies and educational outcomes.
- Able to communicate with parents and students, both in formal and informal situations, in order to promote a caring and professional environment within the College community.
- Work closely with the Head of Secondary Learning Enhancement with respect to the academic program of students with learning difficulties and special needs.
- Willing to support and promote the Christian ethos of Lake Joondalup Baptist College at all times.
- Implement all College policies and procedures relating to student management and care and implement any changes from time to time as directed by the Dean of Students K-12.
- Attend Consensus and support meetings organised by AISWA, the School Curriculum and Standards Authority or professional bodies.
- Support the Dean of Studies K-12 and Head of English Learning Area with regard to the implementation of the curriculum, in line with The School Curriculum and Standards Authority of WA and the Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority.
- Teach and undertake other duties as specified by the Head of English Learning Area and the Dean of Administration.
- Contribute annually a minimum of 40 hours (pro rata) to co-curricular activities, as directed by the Dean of Staff Development and Co-curricular.
- Provide in-class support to students with learning difficulties and special needs.
- Assist with a Form class and participate in House activities.
- Attend after school meetings of Secondary Teachers and the English Learning Area.
- Other duties as directed by the Principal.
Qualifications, experience and personal qualities
- Registration or eligibility for registration with the Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia.
- The successful applicant will have excellent interpersonal and professional qualities, including compassion, strong written and oral communication skills, initiative and ability to work as a team member.
- An ability to integrate ICT into pedagogical practices.
- A current reference from the applicant’s Church Pastor/Minister is desirable.
Please visit the Employment section on the College websitewww.ljbc.wa.edu.au/Employment/employment.html and refer to the section Application Information, Secondary Teaching Staff Prospectus. An Employment Application Form is available for downloading from this page.
Please submit your application, together with your resume, as follows:
By email: HR@ljbc.wa.edu.au
By post to: College Principal
Lake Joondalup Baptist College
PO Box 95
JOONDALUP WA 6919
By hand: Lake Joondalup Baptist College
Kennedya Drive, Joondalup
Western Australia 6027
PH: +61 8 9300 7444
FAX: +61 8 9300 1878
Please mention “TES AUSTRALIA” when applying for this role.
Closing date for applications: 4pm Friday 11 October 2013