Secondary Mathematics Teacher
Secondary Mathematics Teacher (Stage 6)
Medowie Christian School
Medowie Christian School calls for applications from suitably qualified and experienced teachers to teach Secondary Mathematics from 2014. Experience in complementary subject areas of would be advantageous.
Are you an inspirational and experienced teacher with a passion for Christian education?
Have you the ability and drive to support our 21st century focused school through its most exciting phase of development?
Would you appreciate working with creative and innovative colleagues who not only feel valued, but also enjoy a warm, encouraging, family focused culture?
Are you longing to make a real difference?
If yes – Medowie Christian School has your dream job!
As our successful candidate, you will be proven to be a motivating and experienced teacher with a passion for Christian education and the drive to achieve excellence both now and for the future.
As a dynamic Stage 6 Mathematics teacher, working as part of a team, you will be charged with the responsibility for the establishment, organisation and overall administration of Stage 6 Mathematics.
You will demonstrate expertise in the following areas:
- Appropriate Secondary teaching degree, diploma or equivalent
- A committed Christian and active member of a Kingdom-minded church
- Committed to the principles of Christian schooling
- Accreditation with the NSWIT (if required)
- Experience in and oversight of pedagogy and curriculum development
- Able to successfully teach from a Christian perspective
- Proven track record of successful HSC results
- Capacity to initiate and lead improvement, and monitor high educational standards
- Ability to work in a team
- Highly developed, interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly developed IT skills
- Qualifications and ability to teach in other subject areas (Biology, Business Studies, Legal Studies or ICT)
Thinking Globally, Educating Locally
MCS is a healthy, thriving, contemporary educational facility with approximately 300 students and a perennial record of academic, sporting and artistic achievement.
We are dedicated to nurturing the whole child by delivering quality education, which reflects a Christian worldview. In preparing students to take their place in a fast-paced, complex and technologically advancing 21st century, MCS is developing innovative learning experiences that include an extensive laptop program, interactive lessons; open learning spaces and many extra-curricular activities. Our academic programs promote critical and creative thinking, and diverse learning experiences to ensure that each student is healthy, safe, engaged, supported and challenged in their journey to becoming compassionate and courageous global citizens.
Life with Lifestyle Awaits You
Medowie is a safe, semi-rural haven located in the heart of the Port Stephens region, which is known for its unspoilt beaches, sheltered bays, beautiful bushland, native fauna and relaxed family-friendly lifestyle.
Centrally located, Medowie is just over:
- 10 minutes to Newcastle Airport
- 20 minutes to the pristine, 32 kilometre Stockton Beach
- 35 minutes to the waterfront and entertainment centre of Newcastle – Australia’s sixth largest city
- 35 minutes to coastal paradise of Nelson Bay and surrounds
- 45 minutes to Lake Macquarie – Australia’s largest coastal lake and boating hub
- One hour to the world renowned Hunter Valley vineyards
- Two hours drive north of Sydney
Port Stephens and the Hunter Valley are currently experiencing strong economic growth. The area is thriving with great career opportunities and access to excellent education and health care.
We Want You
If you believe you are a candidate for the position of Secondary Mathematics Teacher at Medowie Christian School, we would love to hear from you. Please contact us by phone on 02 4981 7177 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain an information package and application forms.
Applications from committed Christians should reach the school by 4pm on Monday 22nd July, 2013.
Close Date: 22/07/2013