Australian International School Hong Kong
The Secondary teacher will:-
- Teach the NSW curriculum, and/or the International Baccalaureate Diploma curriculum as required.
- Work in collaboration with school systems and personnel to ensure optimum student learning.
- Participate actively in the school’s extracurricular program.
- Demonstrate a commitment to consistent professional development.
- Demonstrate a willingness to make a positive contribution to the culture and ethos of the school.
- Qualified practising teacher with high level qualifications in the subject area(s).
- Ability to plan and deliver programs which are inclusive of second language learners. A willingness to support ESL students by acquiring recognised qualifications is required. If the successful applicant has not completed a recognised qualification in the past, such as ESL in the Mainstream, they will need to do so within the term of their contract.
- Ability to teach students from diverse backgrounds.
- Highly developed ICT skills and an ability to use technology as an integral part of teaching and learning.
- Understanding of, and expertise in, delivery of an outcomes based curriculum.
- Effective communication skills with a wide range of groups and individuals – including colleagues, parents, students and members of the wider community.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of small and large teams.
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
General Teaching Responsibilities
- Developing and documenting effective teaching and learning programs.
- Maintaining complete and accurate class records, rolls, evaluation and assessment procedures.
- Conducting regular and appropriate examinations and class tests.
- Modifying and adapting programs in the light of evaluation results.
- Fostering the academic, social and physical development of students.
- Catering effectively for the range of abilities within each class group.
- Striving to achieve and maintain a high level of student morale and school spirit.
- Participating fully in the co-curricular life of the school which includes:
- extra-curricular/after-school activities/sport
- school camps
- performance events/public events
- outreach/community programs
- parent functions
- school publications
- Liaison with parents regarding student progress, including parent/teacher interviews.
- Maintaining classroom and public display areas for educative and aesthetic value.
- Completing rostered duties as required.
- Liaison with Head of School, Principal, Heads of Department, Directors and school administration regarding all aspects of teaching and administration.
- Actively supporting and enforcing all school policies and in particular uniform and behaviour.
- Participating in the collegial association of staff.
- Other duties as required by the Co Heads of School.
How To Apply
Please contact Mr Phillip Waugh, Principal Secondary and Co Head of School email@example.com
Close Date: 21st October 2013