Special Education - School Coordinator
Special Education - School Coordinator
Autism Spectrum Australia Aspect in South East Sydney, NSW
Location South East Sydney School
Duration Full Time or Part Time
- Grow your teaching career with this hands on leadership opportunity
- 8 month Maternity leave contract - available Full time or part-time
- Competitive remuneration with excellent tax-effective PBI Salary packaging benefits
- School at Peakhurst & satellite classes in Sydney’s South East region Commencing 28th January 2014
About Aspect: Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) has grown to become amongst the largest educational service provider in the world for children with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), with 8 independent schools operating from 50 locations across NSW & caters to close to 1,000 students.
About the School: Placement for over 150 students with an ASD from 3-16 years of age across the South East Sydney region. Operating from Peakhurst with 11 satellite classes in both the DEC and Catholic Schools through the South East Sydney region of Sydney.
Classroom staff are supported by a Learning Support Team consisting of the Principal, School Counsellor (Psychologist), Occupational Therapist, Senior Speech Pathologist and executive staff. Each class teacher is also supported by a Teacher’s Aide.
About the role: You will assist the School Principal in the day to day running and management of the school. You will have responsibility for specific areas, ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the school and the achievement of its goals. You will form part of the school leadership team and report directly to the School Principal.
- Work in a close, supportive manner to assist the Principal with daily running of the school including, planning of budgets, Aspect strategic, business & unit plans and Policy implementation
- Provide support and supervision to the Learning Support Team
- Assist with developing and implementing the school professional learning program
- Individual Education Planning (IEP’s), Curriculum development and resources
- Provide Teachers, Teacher Aides & other professionals with relevant support & training
- Assist with programming & working with clients & their families.
- Provide induction & support to new staff & New Scheme Teachers
- Manage projects developed in consultation with the School Principal
- Support in the training of staff & families
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Recognised tertiary teacher qualifications satisfying Board of Studies & NSW Institute of Teachers required
- Special Education qualifications desirable
- Demonstrated knowledge of Board of Studies Primary & High School Syllabus
- Demonstrated knowledge & experience in all aspects of the education of children with autism or related disabilities
- Proven record of developing high quality IEP’s
- Proven experience in supporting staff in the development, organisation & implementation of IEP’s & class programs addressing the Board of Studies Key Learning Areas
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, including team building
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills - emphasis on school/community partnerships essential
- Experience w/w technology across curriculum areas
- First aid certificate
- NSW driver’s license & comprehensive insurance - LR class driver’s licence desirable.
To be considered for this role you will need to have current work rights in Australia.
Salary: A competitive remuneration package will be based on relevant qualifications and experience. Tax-effective PBI salary packaging opportunities are available as Aspect is eligible for FBT Exemption as a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI).
This position requires a NSW Working With Children Check. Please refer to the following website for further information: http://www.kids.nsw.gov.au/Working-with-children/New-Working-with-Children-Check?site=aus
For more information visit: www.autismspectrum.org.au.
To Apply: When applying, please consider the requirements above and the key responsibilities at Part A and address the selection criteria at Part B of the Position Profile. Applications should include your resume and a cover letter addressing your suitability for the role.
Enquiries about this opportunity should be directed Rowena Perritt, Principal Aspect South East Sydney School on (02) 9534 4758, 0419 440 003 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote reference number SESCO1012 on all correspondence.
Aspect is a Public Benevolent Institution and EEO employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Please mention “TES AUSTRALIA” when applying for this role.
Forest Ridge Business Park
Building 1, Level 2, 14 Aquatic Drive
Frenchs Forest NSW 2086
P 02 8977 8300
F 02 8977 8399
Close Date: 15/11/2013