Special Education Teacher
Special Education Teacher
Penola Catholic College in Glenroy
All staff in the Catholic School have an indispensable role to play. It is expected of all employed at Penola Catholic College that they:
- accept the Catholic educational philosophy of the school;
- develop and maintain an adequate understanding of those aspects of Catholic teaching that touch upon their subject areas and other aspects of their work;
- by their teaching and other work and by personal example strive to help students to understand, accept and appreciate Catholic teaching and values;
- avoid, whether by work, action or private life-style, influence upon students that is contrary to the teaching and values of the Church community in whose name they act;
- comply with the accreditation policy of the C.E.C.V. to teach in a Catholic school;
- be committed to regular on-going professional development;
- be qualified as required by State Authorities.
- Special Education training.
- Experience in secondary school as a Special Education Teacher.
- Knowledge of, and ability to work in the broad curriculum of the Secondary School.
The Special Education Teacher acts as an advocate and mentor for all students under the Literacy Numeracy and Special Learning Needs (LNSLN) program to ensure their maximum participation in curriculum and achievement of their academic potential.
- To work as part of a team involved in the education and care of students with special needs.
- To provide assistance and support to classroom teachers.
- To assist in the development of Individual Learning Plans for students with Special Learning Needs.
- To collaboratively work with subject teachers in the development of modified learning programs for students with special learning needs.
- To prepare applications for funding for students with disabilities under the Commonwealth Government LNSLN program.
- To monitor and evaluate the progress of funded students.
- To conduct Support Group meetings with parents/families of students funded under the LNSLN program, and to prepare agendas and distribute minutes for these meetings.
- To consult with parents of other special needs students as appropriate.
- To work with Learning Support Officers in the development of appropriate programs for targeted students.
As well as the above duties the successful applicant would be required to attend staff meetings and take an active part in the College Program.
Please Quote “TES Australia” when responding to this ad
Penola Catholic College
P.O. Box 637
Glenroy Vic 3046
Applications close at 4:00pm on Monday, 11th November 2013.