Special Education Teachers – Port Macquarie - start Term 1 2014- Port Macquarie
Special Education Teachers
Autism Spectrum Australia’s Central Office in Port Macquarie
Job type: Full Time or Part Time
Reference number: PM14
Location: Port Macquarie
Date posted: Tue, 12/11/2013 - 11:33am Closing date: Thursday, 12 December 2013
- Help our students be the best they can be
- World’s largest provider of autism-specific educational services
- Full & part time, fixed term & casual positions available in Port Macquarie & across NSW
- Approx. $61-94k pa (fulltime) including tax-effective PBI salary packaging benefits
- Recognised Teaching qualifications are essential
- Passionate about people, about being positive and about what’s possible!
What you will do
Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect), the world’s largest provider of autism-specific educational services, is looking for passionate, enthusiastic and flexible teachers to work as members of person-centered multi-disciplinary teams.
Implement our evidence-informed autism-specific approach - the Aspect Comprehensive Approach for Education [ACAE]. Teach your students the skills to be the very best they can be. Allow them to positively engage with their communities.
Small class sizes with a Teacher’s Aide for each class. Tailor the learning environments to the special needs of students with ASD.
People who recognize that to help a student progress requires a team approach to develop and implement Individual Education Plans. You will be part of a special team of student, family, teacher’s aide and other professionals such as School Psychologists, Speech Pathologists and Occupational Therapists.
What we are looking for
- Teacher qualifications recognized by the NSW Teacher’s Institute.
- Special Education qualification/s are preferred
- Experience working with students with an ASD or other intellectual disability
- Aspect teachers are passionate, enthusiastic and flexible. They are highly skilled and excel working in different ways with our students to achieve their best outcomes.
The real reward is making a difference in the lives of children with an ASD and their families.
In addition you will receive a competitive remuneration package in the range of $61,000-$94,000k p.a. (full time equivalent).
Tax-effective salary packaging is also available as Aspect is eligible for FBT Exemption as a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI) to increase your take home pay.
Current opportunities to make that difference
We currently have opportunities for the passionate and skilled teachers to join our teams at South East Sydney and Western Sydney schools and regional schools in the Central Coast, Hunter and Port Macquarie regions.
When applying, please consider the requirements above and the key responsibilities at Part A and address the selection criteria at Part B of the Position Profile. Applications should include your resume and a cover letter addressing your suitability for the role. Please ensure you quote reference number PM14 on all correspondence to identify the location you are applying for.
For enquiries please contact Sharni Cooper, Coordinator, Aspect Hunter School, Port Macquarie Unit on 0407973594.
More Information: www.autismspectrum.org.au
Aspect is a Public Benevolent Institution and EEO employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
This position requires a NSW Working With Children Check. Please refer to the following website for further information: http://www.kids.nsw.gov.au/Working-with-children/New-Working-with-Children-Check?site=aus
Passionate about people, about being positive and about what’s possible!
Autism Spectrum Australia’s Central Office
Building 1, Level 2, 14 Aquatic Drive
Closing Date: 12th December 2013