Autism Spectrum Australia (ASPECT) in Central Coast, NSW
Location Central Coast
Duration Full Time
Aspect Central Coast School
- Part time Permanent - 17 hours per week – choice of days negotiable
- Based in Terrigal - servicing the Central Coast region
- Approx. $26k to $39k p.a. salary package
- Tax-effective PBI salary packaging benefits
About Aspect: Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is amongst the largest educational service providers in the world for children with an ASD, with 8 independent schools operating from 50 locations across NSW & caters to close to 1,000 students. Aspect builds confidence & capacity in people with an ASD, their families & communities by providing information, education & other services.
About the School: Placement for 138 children with an ASD from 4-16 years of age across the Central Coast region. Operating from Terrigal with 15 satellite classes in both DEC and Catholic Schools.
Classroom staff are supported by a Learning Support Team (LST) consisting of the Principal, School Psychologist, Speech Pathologist, Occupational Therapist and senior teaching staff.
About the role: Provide high quality, evidence based assessment and intervention that is person centred, in partnership with carers and the school community.
- Provide Speech Pathology assessment and intervention within a multidisciplinary team in natural learning contexts
- Support teachers & families across all aspects of the Individual Education Plan (IEP) process;
- Collaborate to develop behaviour support & crisis support plans & strategies
- On-going assessment & monitoring of student progress;
- Implement, monitor & evaluate specific programs with students
- Assist families to implement Speech Therapy programs
- Develop and implement training to parents & professionals
- Undertake assessments & individual or group work with existing or future students
Skills, experience & qualifications:
- Relevant Speech Pathology qualifications
- Eligible for membership with Speech Pathology Australia
- Eligible for registration as a provider with Medicare
- Experience within the disability and education sector is preferred
- Knowledge of autism spectrum disorders (ASDs)
- Knowledge of the service providers within government and the community and not-for-profit sectors
- Experience collaborating with a professional team and with families
- Experience providing training & capacity building
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Current NSW driver’s licence
This position requires a NSW Working With Children Check. Please refer to the following website for further information: http://www.kids.nsw.gov.au/Working-with-children/New-Working-with-Children-Check?site=aus
Salary and benefits: A competitive remuneration package will be based on relevant qualifications and experience. Tax-effective PBI salary packaging opportunities are available to employees as Aspect is eligible for FBT Exemption as a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI).
To Apply: When applying, please address the key responsibilities and qualities noted above and at Parts A and B of the Position Profile.
For a confidential discussion contact Janet Millhouse, Principal, Aspect Central Coast School on 0413 947 651 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information: www.autismspectrum.org.au.
Please quote reference CCSSP0913 on all correspondence.
Please mention “TES AUSTRALIA” when applying for this role.
Forest Ridge Business Park
Building 1, Level 2, 14 Aquatic Drive
Frenchs Forest NSW 2086
P 02 8977 8300
F 02 8977 8399
Close Date: 15/11/2013