St. Patrick’s Day teaching resources
St. Patrick’s Day (17 March) celebrates the patron saint of Ireland as well as Irish culture with a feast, music, dancing and all things green. Find out about the legend of Saint Patrick and discover Gaelic culture in Ireland and around the world with our collection of resources including lesson plans, assemblies and activities to commemorate this day.
- The tale of how St Patrick banished the snakes from Ireland.
- A slideshow brimming with ideas on how to get everyone involved in this iconic celebration.
- Great starting point for a discussion on the Emerald Isle and her most feted progeny.
- Test pupils’ knowledge of the Gaelic saint in an assembly with an interesting true or false quiz.
- From limerick making to a fun video, this St Patrick’s Day assembly will get pupils excited and ready to celebrate.
- Practise organisation and communication skills in a St. Patrick’s themed activity.
- Encourage saintly spellings with this St. Patrick’s Day themed task reinforcing spelling strategies.
- Is it really at the end of the rainbow? Fine-tune grid reference skills by finding St. Patrick’s Day themed objects.
- Use this simple writing frame for pupils to record facts about St. Patrick’s Day.
- A simple sheet with picture hints to plenarise what pupils have learnt about the day.
- Just in case you haven’t already had enough of wintry weather: make snow and turn it green in this fun experiment.
- How much can your pupils remember about St Patrick? Check with these lively flashcards
Fun and Games
- Sing and dance-a-long to this easy to learn St Patrick’s Day song by The Speks.
- Fun Irish riddles to keep up the Gaelic theme.
- A card template for students to give to a loved one.
- Students answer a Paddy’s Day question and design their own festive hat.
- A wonderful memento, pupils can draw and write about all things Gaelic in this folding booklet.