STAGE 4-6 MUSIC TEACHER - MATERNITY LEAVE BLOCK
Stage 4-6 Music Teacher - Maternity Leave Block
St Mark’s Catholic College in Stanhope Gardens
Position status: Temporary/full-time
Application closing date: 22/08/2013
The Catholic Learning Community of Blessed John XXIII, is a modern developing complex comprised of John XXIII Catholic Primary School and St Marks Secondary College, currently catering to the needs of over 1,400 K-12 students. The College emphasises the intrinsic value of the student/teacher relationship, which focuses on making the student learning experience connected, relevant, differentiated and personalised.
It is characterised by a collaborative approach to teaching and learning, with teachers operating in an open professional learning community. We are an innovative school and welcome applications from suitably qualified applicants who are passionate, energetic educators.
This maternity leave block is for 12 months duration commencing on 11 November 2013.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate capacity to:
1. actively live and promote the College Mission, vision and values with a focus on developing responsible Christian Learners
2. actively support the College formation goals
3. ensure that all undertakings are student focused
4. ensure that each student is treated as a “whole” person who has individual needs
5. maintain high standards in teaching and learning
6. commit to developing strong teaching teams
7. ensure there is a strong relationship between the built environment, specifically in large collaborative learning spaces, the human domain and contemporary learning and teacher pedagogy
8. ensure that learning and teaching is personalised and that technology and other learning tools support students’ learning
9. perform other duties that are assigned by the Principal
Name: Valerie Schmaltz
Phone: (02) 9852 0500
Send application to
Mr Peter Stoyles
The College Principal
St Marks Catholic College
160 Perfection Avenue
STANHOPE GARDENS NSW 2768
Please mention “TES AUSTRALIA” when applying for this role.
Closing date: 22/08/2013