St Margaret’s Anglican Girls School in Queensland
We are currently seeking a casual Swimming Coach to coach swimming from Prep to Year 4. It is expected this person will start mid Term 4, 2013 and continue until the end of Term 1, 2014.
The sessions required will include both morning and afternoon sessions and will be a total of 8 sessions per week.
The successful candidate must have AUSTSWIM accreditation and a current first aid certificate coupled with a passion for teaching and coaching children in relation to water safety and swimming technique.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Swimming Coach – Primary (Casual)
Hours: Casual – before and after school from mid
Term 4 2013 until the end of Term 1 2014
St Margaret’s Anglican Girls School, a School of The Society of the Sacred Advent Schools Pty Ltd, is committed to providing quality educational opportunities for girls within the context of the Anglican Schools Ethos. This extends to providing care for students who live away from home to pursue their education.
- Reflect and nurture the vision of the School
- Demonstrate commitment to leadership through vision, service and example in an Anglican context
- Motivate and energise students by fostering quality relationships
- Maintain confidentiality and overt support for the School
- Consistently demonstrate professional competence and apply current knowledge and innovations in educational trends
- Consistently demonstrate commitment to the School’s core values of faith, integrity, spirit, respect, courage and passion
The role of the Swim Coach is to develop and deliver coaching sessions that encourage students to excel in the pool.St Margaret’s Anglican Girls’ School - 2 - August 2013
All employees of St Margaret’s School are required to:
- maintain a degree of flexibility in working hours from time to time as required for the position
- accept that the School reserves the right to modify the position to meet its operating needs
- assist and relieve in other positions from time to time.
- demonstrate support for the School’s philosophy, policies and procedures, core values and commitment to the Anglican ethos
- undertake other reasonable and relevant duties within skills, knowledge and capabilities and as directed by the Principal or their representative.
- Conducting squad training
- Assisting students with stroke technique and correction
- Provide dynamic, flexible and effective instruction to students
- Creating and maintaining a supportive and motivating environment
- Regularly providing constructive informal feedback to students on their progress
- Developing a rapport with, and demonstrating genuine concern for all students
- Monitoring the behaviour and attitude of all students
- Supporting and administering school policies relating to discipline, punctuality, and dress standards for students. This includes keeping daily records
- Acting as a first point of contact for parents where appropriate, or making a referral to the Activities Coordinator - Primary.
Support the School’s Anglican ethos, values and holistic philosophy by:
- Consistently role modelling behaviour and values that demonstrate support for and commitment to Christian and school values and ethos. This includes demonstrating respect for every member of the school community
- Willingly participating in the co-curricular program and utilising the opportunity to engender team and competitive spirit among students Act professionally and lawfully by:
- Complying with all guidelines, policies and procedures as set out in legislation, the current Queensland Anglican Schools Enterprise Agreement and other School policies
- Immediately reporting any suspicions of inappropriate, unlawful or unusual behaviour of students, colleagues or outsiders relevant to the School and its duty of care to protect students and staff from harm (self or other)St Margaret’s Anglican Girls’ School - 3 - August 2013
1. Willingness to support the School’s core values and Anglican ethos
2. Experience in teaching children to swim
3. Ability to apply well-developed communication skills to develop rapport and relationships with students, staff and parents
4. Willingness to work collaboratively and effectively with other members of the school community.
5. Current first aid certificate.
6. AUSTSWIM accreditation
IT IS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT THAT APPLICANTS MUST POSSESS OR BE ELIGIBLE FOR A POSITIVE NOTICE BLUE CARD FOR CHILD-RELATED EMPLOYMENT
To Apply: To apply please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please Quote “TES Australia” when responding to this ad
P: +61 7 3862 0777
F: +61 7 3862 0701
11 Petrie Street,
Ascot Qld 4007
Applications close Midday 12 September 2013