Albert Park Flexible Learning Centre in Queensland
- School Network Albert Park Flexible Learning Centre, Marlene Moore Flexi Schools
- Network, Youth+ Edmund Rice Education Australia
- Hours of duty Full Time
- Reports To Head of Campus, Albert Park Flexible Learning Centre
- Teachers Award - Queensland Catholic Employing Authority Single
- Enterprise Collective Agreement Religious Institute Schools of
Youth+ is an initiative of Edmund Rice Education Australia. Youth+ services including Flexible Learning Centres (FLCs) offer a full-time and multiyear secondary education and social inclusion program for young people who are disenfranchised from mainstream structures. Young people may express a broad range of complex education and social needs and the Youth+ services respond with a variety of flexible and innovative teaching and learning practices including vocational planning.
Youth + services provide young people with a varied and holistic set of learning experiences supporting them to identify and pursue an individual transition to adulthood, employment, further education and training and social connectedness.Young people include indigenous and non-indigenous young people who are disengaged from mainstream education for a range of reasons and may include:
- Young people who have had contact with the juvenile justice system;
- Young people in the care of the Department of Child Safety;
- Young people with a history of trauma;
- Young people with a history of extended periods of unexplained absences from school
- Young people who are highly mobile;
- Young people who may have mental health and wellbeing concerns
- Young people who have been excluded or repeatedly suspended from school;
- Young people who are school refusers
- Young people who are homeless;
- Young people who are young parents;
- Young people with a generational history of early school leaving and/or unemployment
See www.youthplus.edu.au - Publications for further information.
See attached - Foundation Statement and Strategic Values.
The Teacher reports to the Head of Campus and Principal, Marlene Moore Flexi Schools
Network. He/She has responsibility:
1. Planning, preparation and delivery of effective learning and teaching programs for young people in both middle and senior phases of secondary education
2. Contributing to the development and implementation of the FLC’s objectives and planning
3. Contributing to the establishment and maintenance of a supportive school environment.
Teachers degree with current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers (or equivalent state/territory qualification/registration)
Principles of Operation (Respect, Honesty, Safe and Legal, Participation):
A primary responsibility for this role is to maintain fidelity to Operation by Principle and the best practice guidelines as articulated in the Youth+ Foundation and FLC Occasional Papers (available on the website)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Typical duties and responsibilities include but are not restricted to:
1. Plan and implement an educational program which engages young people and offers a range of learning choices.
2. Work collaboratively with the team to plan and implement a program which engages young people and includes a range of activities and experiences for example:
a. Inquiry based learning programs
b. Embed Indigenous cultural perspectives within learning programs
c. Engage in extra-curricular and engagement activities
d. Develop individual leaning plans
e. Engage with families
3. Work collaboratively with the team to support young people to access wider support including counseling, health support and community activities
4. Work collaboratively with the team to develop community and family connections which support the engagement and connection of young people to learning and the wider community.
5. Work collaboratively with Flexible Learning Centre staff and young people to provide a safe, supportive work and learning environment.
6. Maintain information systems to ensure compliance with the Flexible Learning Centre’s reporting and accountability requirements.
7. Operate within the context of Youth+ policies and procedures.
Applications should be forwarded to email@example.com by Friday 25 October 2013 and need to include:
- A response to the selection criteria (listed below)
- A current resume outlining previous experience and skills (including Teachers Registration details)
- Two referees (including contact details). Please include a referee from current or most recent place of employment.
Please contact Simon Clowes on 0429 987 270 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org for further queries.
Youth+ supports the rights of children and young people and is committed to providing a safe and supportive environment directed at ensuring their safety and wellbeing. All applicants for these positions will be subject to EREA screening procedures.
Albert Park Flexible Learning Centre,
Close Date: 25th October 2013