Teacher in charge
Teacher in charge
Rockhampton Flexible Learning Centre in Rockhampton
Role Title: Teacher in Charge
School Network: Rockhampton Flexible Learning Centre, Youth+, Edmund Rice Education Australia
Hours of duty: Full Time commencing 2014
Reports To: FLA Coordinator and Director, Youth+ EREA
Band/Wage Scale: Teachers Award - Queensland Catholic Employing Authority Single Enterprise Collective Agreement Religious Institute Schools of Queensland
Closing Date: 28 October 2013
Youth+ is an initiative of Edmund Rice Education Australia. Youth+ services including Flexible Learning Centres (FLCs) offer a full-time and multiyear secondary education and social inclusion program for young people who are disenfranchised from mainstream structures. Young people may express a broad range of complex education and social needs and the Youth+ services respond with a variety of flexible andinnovative social inclusion and learning experiences. Youth + services provide young people with a varied and holistic set of learning experiences supporting them to identify and pursue an individual transition to adulthood, employment, further education and training and social connectedness.
The Rockhampton FLC will be established as a fully registered school during 2014. The service to support and slowly grow a small enrolment of up to 30 young people will commence early 2014. This service will include mobile education and wellbeing support based in the community. Staffing in 2014 will include:
Teacher-in-Charge; Teacher and two youth workers. The program is supported by Youth+ National team members. It is anticipated that following 2014 the enrolment will progressively increase to up to 100 young people with concurrent staffing increase.
Young people include indigenous and non-indigenous young people who are disengaged from mainstream education for a range of reasons and include:
- Those who have had contact with the juvenile justice system;
- Those in the care of the Department of Child Safety;
- Those with a history of trauma;
- Those with a history of extended periods of unexplained absences;
- Those who are highly mobile;
- Those with mental illness or at risk of engaging in self harming behaviours or substance abuse;
- Those who have been excluded or repeatedly suspended from school;
- Those who are homeless;
- Those who are young parents;
- Those with a generational history of early school leaving;
- Those with a generational history of unemployment;
Applications should be forwarded to email@example.com by Monday 28 October 2013 and need to include:
- A response to the selection criteria (listed below)
- A current resume outlining previous experience and skills (including Teachers Registration details)
- Two referees (including contact details). Please include a referee from current or most recent place of employment.
Queries for further information should be directed to Michelle Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0448 335 411.
Youth+ supports the rights of children and young people and is committed to providing a safe and supportive environment directed at ensuring their safety and wellbeing. All applicants for these positions will be subject to EREA screening procedures.
Close Date: 28th October 2013