Teacher of Home Economics and Hospitality (Years 7 – 12)
Teacher of Home Economics and Hospitality (Years 7 -12)
The Glennie School in Toowoomba
POSITION: Middle and Senior Years Home Economics & Hospitality Teacher.
TIME: Full Time or Part Time position (depending upon qualifications & experience)
STATUS: Permanent (initial contract of 12 months)
DEPARTMENT: Home Economics & Hospitality reporting directly to Subject Co-ordinator
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The ability and experience to teach Middle Years Food and Fashion, Year 10 – 12 Hospitality and Home Economics, Years 11 & 12. The successful applicant must have previous experience in the teaching of Hospitality which includes the delivery of a Certificate 2 in Hospitality Practices (Front of House).
- Engagement with the Australian Curriculum (Technologies) and an understanding of the implementation implications for Technologies curriculum development and teaching in schools.
- Demonstration of current curriculum knowledge and teaching methodologies as described in the Queensland Studies Authority Senior syllabus documents.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate IT into classroom teaching programs and practice.
- Teach all lessons in accordance with the School’s established programs of work.
- Create an appropriate learning environment where students are encouraged to explore new ideas and express themselves with creativity and confidence.
- Maintain good order in the classroom at all times, managing behaviour in accordance with the Anglican ethos and standards of respect, courtesy and discipline required by The School.
- Prepare interesting and challenging lessons, taking into account individual learning styles as far as possible.
- Set, mark and return assignment work, tests, examinations etc promptly and undertake the above duties comprehensively.
- Keep clear records of students’ attendance and academic progress.
- Give adequate notice of assignments (usually at least two weeks), supplying clear task and criteria sheets.
- Report pastoral care concerns to the student’s Head of House.
- If required, act as tutor to a pastoral care group, taking responsibility for reporting daily attendances, communicating morning notices, checking uniform etc.
- If required, undertake non-teaching duties such as accompanying students to Chapel services, Assemblies, and undertaking grounds duties.
- Participate in Sports training and other co-curricular areas as required.
The Glennie School Position Description for Teacher of Home Economics and Hospitality (Years 7 -12)29 August 2013
- Write reports on the work of each student taught at the appropriate time. Meet deadlines as required.
- Undertake all duties with respect to the submission of Year 11 and Year 12 samples of work for QSA monitoring. Prepare profiles, SAIs etc. as required.
- Undertake any other duties as would normally and reasonably be required of a teacher.
- Attend all timetabled lessons, punctually.
- Make prior arrangements (including setting work) with the Planning Officer if absence is unavoidable.
It is a condition of employment that, at all times, a teacher must abide by The School’s written policies. Particular attention should be paid to The Glennie School’s Child Protection Policy, Code of Professional Practice and Anti-harassment Policy (both for students and staff) and the Sunsmart Policy.
On-line Workplace Health and Safety (WH&S) training is required prior to commencement, using the “On-guard” system.
The personal attributes and skills expected for this position include:
- Empathy with the aims and ethos of an Anglican School. An active Christian faith would be desirable.
- Empathy with the cognitive, social, emotional, physical, spiritual and psychological needs of adolescents.
- Demonstrated ability to work with other staff, as well as parents, and build productive and positive relationships with them.
- A demonstrated ability to accept direction and advice from those in authority.
- A demonstrated high level of emotional intelligence, as seen in such things as selfcontrol, communication and people skills and resilience.
How to apply;
Your application in writing must include your CV, qualifications and the names of at least three referees. Please contact the Head of School’s Assistant on 07 4688 8801 for further information.
Please forward applications marked ‘Confidential’ no later than Wednesday, 25 Sept 2013, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or online (below) or by post to the address below:-
Please Quote “TES Australia” when responding to this ad
The Glennie School
TOOWOOMBA QLD 4350
P: +61 7 4688 8888
F: +61 7 4688 8848
Close Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2013