Teacher of Music
Teacher of Music
Gippsland Grammar in Victoria
TEACHER OF MUSIC OR TEACHER OF MUSIC WITH SECOND SUBJECT
Position: Teacher of Music
Appointed by: The Principal
Responsible to: The Director of Music
Location: Senior School Sale – Garnsey Campus
Time Fraction: 1.0 FTE
The School seeks a teacher of classroom music to teach a range of classes from Years 7 to VCE at the Garnsey Campus in Sale. The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic teacher, with a strong vision for teaching music to students in the Middle Years and leading on music at VCE level, and will be able to work positively and co-operatively with the members of the Performing Arts Faculty, including our excellent team of peripatetic teachers.
The successful applicant will be expected have the capability to:
- Teach classroom music across all years, including VCE.
- Contribute to the review and re-development of curriculum in Years 7 to 10, especially with expected release of The Arts area as part of Phase Two of the Australian Curriculum during the next two years.
- Contribute to the continued development of the Performing Arts Faculty, working enthusiastically and co-operatively with staff and students in the Performing Arts Faculty within a vibrant and successful music department.
- Applicants with only Music or Music with a second non Music teaching area, as well as recent graduates, are encouraged to apply for this position.
- An approved degree in Music or Music Education, as well as current registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (or eligibility to be registered with the VIT).
- Effective music teaching skills.
- Well developed communication and organisational skills.
- Effectively use ICT and associated music software in the music classroom.
- The ability to use Kodaly and Orff principles in the secondary school music classroom will be an advantage.
- The ability to play the piano, whilst not essential, would be a useful skill. The ability to contribute to co-curricular music in the School.
The position will be a full-time music appointment. In the case of an appointment of an applicant with a second non-music teaching subject, the position might be split between a substantial music component and a small allocation in the other subject.
Further information can be obtained from:
Mr Colin Iversen
Director of Music
Phone: 03 5143 6388 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply;
Please Quote “TES Australia” when responding to this ad
The Human Resources Manager
PO Box 465
SALE VIC 3850
Closing Date: 4th October 2013