Teacher of Music – Pakenham Campus
Teacher of Music
Pakenham Campus, Beaconhills College
The Music Teacher is primarily responsible for teaching the Middle School Music Learning Programs. The Music teacher will be expected to develop curriculum and to work as part of the appropriate Learning Team within the framework of the aims and strategic goals of Beaconhills. The incumbent must thrive on working as part of a dynamic team of dedicated professionals who are committed to fostering excellence in the Performing Arts at the Beaconhills Pakenham Campus.
The position commences in Term 4, 2013 or earlier and is full-time until the end of the 2013 school year (with the possibility of further work).This position reports to, and takes direction from, the Head of Performing Arts, the Head of Learning and the Head of Section, and is accountable to the Campus Principal and the Headmaster.
Specific Key Responsibilities
- Teach Middle School Music classes (Years 6 – 8), incorporating appropriate lesson planning, applying teaching and learning strategies.
- Offer pastoral care as a tutor in the Middle School House System (approximately 20 students from Years 5-8).
- Promote independence in student learning through working collaboratively, learning ways of thinking, taking risks and offering time for reflection.
- Develop appropriate learning portfolio skills in students.
- Empower learners as critical thinkers and decision makers.
- Offer learners opportunities to enhance and develop confidence in each of the intelligences.
- Undertake relevant professional learning both at the College and in the broader educational community.
- Collaboratively plan and manage presentations of student work.
- Develop and manage specified resources required to facilitate and support the School.
- Attend and contribute to Learning Team and Staff meetings.
- Assist with special events, which may include Family Concert Evenings, Presentation Night, Open Day and Information Evenings.
- Assist with the running of School Production, ensembles, bands and choirs.
- Assist with stage management and provide technical support for productions, concerts, soirees and assemblies.
- Co-Curricular Involvement
Beaconhills College operates an extensive co-curricular program ranging from Performing and Visual Arts to Sport and Outdoor Education, which is outlined in our prospectus. Applicants are requested to express their interest and/or expertise in any of the relevant areas. Participation in the extended overnight Outdoor Experiences Program is a requirement of all teachers at Beaconhills.
How to apply;
Applications should be forwarded electronically to:
The Human Resources Department
For more information:
Please Quote “TES Australia” when responding to this ad
30-34 Toomuc Valley Road
Pakenham Victoria 3810 (Map)
Fax: (613) 5940 1944
Close Date: 5pm Tuesday 23rd August