TEACHER OF RELIGIOUS AND VALUES EDUCATION - Red Hill
TEACHER OF RELIGIOUS AND VALUES EDUCATION
Canberra Grammar School in Red Hill
Full-time Temporary (possibility of extending beyond 2014) from Term 1 2014 (Friday 24 January)
Canberra Grammar School has a modern and challenging curriculum in Religious and Values Education, which is a compulsory subject for students in Years 7-10. Year 7 students undertake an exploration of the fundamental aspects of the world’s major religions, with a major focus on
Christianity through the story of Jesus. Some issues tackled in Years 8 to 10 include:
- some of the different historical approaches to ethics;
- a survey of the history of 2000 years of the Christian faith;
- a more detailed examination of Indian and East Asian religious traditions;
- some issues in metaphysics and ontology (through the Matrix series of movies);
- three epistemological approaches: rationalism, empiricism and Kantian epistemology;
- a study of the books of the New Testament as cultural and historical documents;
- an investigation of Islam historically and in the modern world; and
- an exploration of interactions between the scientific and spiritual realms.
In Years 11 and 12, the School offers the NSW HSC course Studies of Religion 2-unit and this department also teaches the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program Theory of Knowledge course.
The successful applicant will have expertise and experience in teaching philosophy and the major world religions, including respect for and an open attitude to teaching and learning about the faiths of the highly diverse student body.
Intending applicants should download from our School’s website the Word document: Application for employment (Teacher). www.canberragrammar.org.au/en/About-Us/Employment.aspx
Applications must consist of:
- the completed application form; and should also include:
- a covering letter;
- the complete curriculum vitae setting out details of qualifications (please include photocopies of appropriate university testamurs) and experience;
- a statement addressing any important points relevant to the position applied for or addressing any selection criteria;
- scanned copies of teacher registration card and child protection employment screening checks (where these are already available)
- the names, email addresses and telephone numbers of three referees.
Applications should be sent to The Head of School, Canberra Grammar School, 40 Monaro Crescent, Red Hill, ACT 2603, as soon as possible.
Alternatively, they may also be emailed to the Human Resources Manager Bill Maude at email@example.com
Applications should be on plain paper only: please do not enclose in plastic folders. http://www.canberragrammar.org.au/About-Us/Employment.aspx?site=aus
Canberra Grammar School
Crescent, Red Hill, ACT 2603
Closing Date: 15/11/2013