Teachers - Special Education
Teachers - Special Education
Autism Spectrum Australia in Albury
Duration Full Time
Aspect Riverina School
- New positions available in expanding program
- 2 x full time 12 month fixed term contracts
- Casual teaching positions also available
- Approx. $61,000 – $94,000 p.a. plus super (depending on relevant experience) with excellent PBI salary packaging benefits
- Based in Albury, NSW
Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) has grown to become amongst the largest educational service provider in the world for children with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), with 8 independent schools operating from 50 locations across NSW & caters to close to 1,000 students.
About the School:
Placement for over 70 children with an ASD from ages 4 to 16 years across the Riverina region. Operating from Albury plus 6 satellite classes in Catholic Schools in Albury & Wagga.
Classroom staff are supported by a Learning Support Team (LST) consisting of the Principal, School Psychologist, and Speech Pathologist, and executive staff. Each class teacher is also supported by a Teacher’s Aide.
About the role: A challenging, rewarding & varied teaching role; making a difference in the lives of children with an ASD and their families.
- Develop Individual Education Plans (IEP’s)
- Teaching & programming across all Key Learning Areas with a focus on communication, social skills, sensory integration & positive behaviour support
- Working as part of a team
- Lead, supervise & provide training to Teacher’s Aide
- Supervise volunteers & students on practicum
- Prepare students for transition to mainstream class setting & participation in local community
Skills, experience & qualifications:
- Recognised tertiary teacher qualifications satisfying Board of Studies & NSW Institute of
- Teachers required
- Special Education qualifications desirable
- Experience working with students with an ASD or intellectual disability
- Current experience developing & implementing educational programs
- Experience working collaboratively with families & in multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience utilising technology across curriculum areas
- Excellent communication & collaboration skills
To be considered for this role you will need to have current work rights in Australia.
A competitive remuneration package will be based on relevant qualifications and experience. Tax-effective PBI salary packaging opportunities are available as Aspect is eligible for FBT Exemption as a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI).
This position requires a NSW Working With Children Check. Please refer to the following website for further information: http://www.kids.nsw.gov.au/Working-with-children/New-Working-with-Children-Check?site=aus
For more information visit: www.autismspectrum.org.au.
To view the Position Profile and apply, see Aspect’s Careers page. When applying, please consider the requirements above and the key responsibilities at Part A and address the selection criteria at Part B of the Position Profile. Applications should include your resume and a cover letter addressing your suitability for the role.
Enquiries about this opportunity should be directed to Kristen Ody, Principal Aspect South Coast School on 0427 275 787.
Please quote reference RIVSET0913 on all correspondence.
Aspect is a Public Benevolent Institution and EEO employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Please mention “TES AUSTRALIA” when applying for this role.
Forest Ridge Business Park
Building 1, Level 2, 14 Aquatic Drive
Frenchs Forest NSW 2086
P 02 8977 8300
F 02 8977 8399
Close Date: 15/11/2013