Teachers TV video collection - Primary English - Lesson Starters - Non-Fiction Writing
Lesson Starters - Non-Fiction Writing
These videos can be used as starting points to inspire non-fiction writing with your class.
Aimed at KS2 pupils, this collection of lesson starters covers a range of topics including report writing and recount.
- Children talk about their own experiences at home and school, before progressing to more serious issues.
- This unique KS2 English lesson starter focuses on pupils’ written and spoken responses to the events surrounding 9/11 in New York.
- This KS2 literacy stimulus raises the topic of fire to stimulate discussion and writing activities among pupils.
- This short video offers a model of how to give good instructions.
- Three characters all mysteriouly lose something in this resource to stimulate writing a non-fiction recount.
More Primary English video collections
- Ideas on how to use these resources