Teachers TV video collection - Primary English - Lesson Starters - Story development
Lesson Starters - Story development
This collection of KS2 video lesson starters can be used as a starting point to help pupils develop their creative writing by looking at structure, character and different writing styles.
Structure and Narrative
- This resource uses archive black and white footage, to help pupils understand structure and narrative.
- Help Key Stage 2 pupils understand structure and narrative with this lesson starter for English lessons which uses archive black and white footage.
- A KS2 lesson starter on characterisation in literacy which presents six characters that loosely associated with welll known story types.
- This KS2 lesson starter looks at characterisation using the well known story of Cinderella.
- This funny character description can be used to inspire some work on descriptive writing.
- A short film about a woman with two very distinct personalities, which KS2 pupils can use as a starting point for descriptive writing.
- Six video clips which are designed for teachers to use with primary pupils to enhance a wide range of writing activities.
- Reveal the science behind walking on fire with this short video which gives a starting point for KS2 creative writing.
- Six different types of fireworks provide an excellent starting point a range of creative writing activities.
- Inspire creative writing in a Key Stage 2 class with this short video about a traditional pizza-making restaurant.
More Primary English video collections
- Ideas on how to use these resources