Teachers TV video collection - Primary History - Lesson Ideas
Primary History Lesson Ideas
Teachers demonstrate and discuss their most inspirational lessons in this collection of videos for KS2 History.
Covering a variety of History topics, they give tips and advice for delivering the lessons yourself.
- Three great lesson Ideas to help children identify and understand what life was really like for people in Viking times, and to use research skills to consider the authenticity of Viking objects.
- Teachers offer great lesson ideas to develop children’s enquiry skills. Children are encouraged to think about generating their own questions, assess the best sources and how to start good research.
- Three great lesson ideas for looking at artefacts with your KS2 class. Why not use a lost suitcase to raise questions, or try a classroom museum or an archaeological dig?
- A Key Stage 2 teacher uses theatre boxes at the end of a history topic as a fun way for pupils to present and share their different research in this lesson idea.
- Watch three trips to the Imperial War Museum, Duxford, The National Archives and Blists Hill Victorian Town and be inspired to take your primary historians out of class for a study day.
For the resources used in these videos, plus many more: